Best microfibre drying/detailing towels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Get what you pay for these days :)
In general yes, but as I said earlier, the large micro fibre cloth from Wilkinsons for 2 quid are
really good. :)

I buy cheap microfibres from amazon and bin them after use, I only really use them for wiping away crap. I’ll use a fresh one to apply stuff

Biased but the best drying towel (personally) has to be a Klin Korea duo!

Anything from Elite Car cafe in Maidenhead, been buying mitts, towels and No Rinse from them for a long time, great service and offer good advice...

In general yes, but as I said earlier, the large micro fibre cloth from Wilkinsons for 2 quid are
really good. :)

Are you referring to the large grey ones?

If so, i thought they were more £4-5......But can't remember as the mrs bought them for me :)

They do a great job on drying and are nice and soft :)

I buy "work horse" clothes for all the hard to get areas, wheels, exhausts ect ect.... they generally get binned after a few washes. Then I have some think plush clothes for taking off polishes & waxes. The again same kinda clothes but just for buffing only.

Are you referring to the large grey ones?

If so, i thought they were more £4-5......But can't remember as the mrs bought them for me :)

They do a great job on drying and are nice and soft :)
Yep, the large grey one's,
£2.00 :)

Only ever use my girlfriends silk panties initially. Clean of course!
Then to buff up, some good old 100% cotton striped mens pyjama trousers (without buttons!).

I use these Abs, they are like small Bath towels and can dry a whole car in a single sitting without have to squeeze out. Makes my job quicker. Swear by 'em....
Extra Large Soft Microfibre Car Drying Towel 480gsm Detailing Cloth 60cm x 90cm 5021121670595 | eBay

I bought one of these as recommended by Edd above. I thought it was going to be too cheap to be any good, but I prefer it over a previous microfibre towel (cant remember the name) that was recommended by my local detailer which cost a considerable lot more.

My previous microfibre towel is thick, soft and feels like it should be in Persian princes bathroom. The towel above however is very much thinner, but does a far better job.
Highly recommended and for that price I will definitely buy more when needed.

Last edited:
Kirkland microfibres from Costco (also available on ebay if you don't have a costco card) are great for most things, they also repeatedly wash up really well and are dual sided so you have a short pile and long pile side.
Gtechniq MF1's are excellent for removing ceramic coatings if that is what you are looking to do.

My favourite drying towels are these -
PB Luxury Drying Towel
or
https://www.exceldetailingsupplies.co.uk/product-page/med-duo

cheers,

Chris

Like all products related to detailing - you will get 100 replies with 100 different recommendations.

Another vote for the costco kirkland ones They're great value for money even if they shed a few fibers when new.

With Ref to the Silk panties, what do they smell like :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom