Best tyre dressing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the applicator or in the bottle after one application?

Hopefully the former Rog... my bottle has lasted me years!

Lol, so has mine. I didn't make it clear I have used the rest on my previous E55. Its good stuff.
Mine didn't come with an applicator so I use the back of one of the missus kitchen sponges. Proper job.

For a quick 'available' dressing - Turtle wax wet n black. Also good for your plastics - spray and wipe
For longer lasting dressing - Meguiars endurance (smells fab as well) - put on with an applicator/sponge
For a good all rounder - Autosmart Highstyle Dressing (5lts last quote a while). Put on with a paintbrush

megs is ok, and pretty durable, only downside is that ur never really dries and crap sticks to it so much, I've been using carpel pearl lately, now this is lovely to use, goes on super thin, and dries to a satin finish, and is also dilutable for engine bays, interior and exterior trim etc

This is the one surface dressing to rule them all! Its versatility has certainly cleared out a lot of space on my detailing shelf. Rather than rave on about it, just watch this video - John says it best:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Link to product - PERL: Plastic, Engine, Rubber, Leather (500ml)

Believe it or not....depends on tyre brand. Some take well to one brand/composition whilst others to a different tyre dressing..

My choice is Autosmart Highstyle. Wash tyres properly, apply one coat, let it dry, apply second coat. Lasts upto 4 weeks if lucky.

How do you apply ?

How do you apply ?

Highstyle - clean and degrease tyre eg use diluted alloy wheel cleaner or diluted IPA isopropyl alcohol or even proprietary tyre cleaner, rinse off thoroughly and allow to dry. Pour your highstyle into a small container (I have a square glass jam jar), use a 2" paintbrush and load, start at rim edge and coat around circumference, then work outwards. Do not overapply but also do not be measly. Can now, wipe off with a cloth to leave matt look or opt for natural dry for a shine finish, I leave it for a short spell then use the air dryer. Thereafter apply a second coat, no need to wash. Leave overnight and zero fling the next day.

The "sexy" gels (carPro Pearl, Megs Enduro, Gyeon Tire....have all of these on the shelf ) people refer to - follow the same wash process but then use a tyre sponge applicator to apply. Some work well if bone dry before second coat whilst others just a little tacky.

If I am doing the full bit (which means DA and best part of a day per car) then will go with the "sexy rubber dressings" but week to week and 500miles/week then nothing comes to Highstyle for me. Gels are lucky to last a week/two at my mileage.

Meguiars gets my vote too. It lasts well, one bottle will last you years and you can get a bottle in Halfords easy enough. Never felt much need to use anything else.

Only thing to be mindful of is over applying as it'll fling off the tyre if there's too much or it's not dried by the time you drive. I sometimes wipe round the tyre with an old rag to reduce the gloss a little.

This is the one surface dressing to rule them all! Its versatility has certainly cleared out a lot of space on my detailing shelf. Rather than rave on about it, just watch this video - John says it best:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Link to product - PERL: Plastic, Engine, Rubber, Leather (500ml)
That's exactly how I found about it... I love the stuff

Washed and polished the car this morning and topped up the Megs tyre dressing.
First time I bought this and I will be using it again. Got enough for one more application.

View attachment 92164

Coulda done the inside of those Arches Roger lol ;) :D

^Thats for another day when the are wheels coming off for a proper clean and seal.

Also, these arch liners are different and covered in a hairy material like substance that all the leaves stick to. Needs a good jetwash to clean them properly.

Nah mate, Interior carpet clean and a Hoover :) My Wife finks im bonkers when i hoover mine lol

I swear to god that if the apocalypse ever came all that would be left afterward would be AutoSmart Highstyle on my tyres - it’s lasts for weeks!

PERL it is then , the Megs can go in the bin , 2 years old and used it once , not impressed.

I usually go for Meguiars Endurance as well. Trick is to use sparingly so it doesn't fly everywhere. Always found people complain it slings, haven't had any in my experience and its literally all down to the technique

Have to say though, TUF shine is probably the best tyre dressing out there - its essentially semi permanent, doesn't come off despite multiple washes

Megs Endurance.
Wear gloves
Apply with small nail brush.

I was just about to comment when you posted the answer!:rolleyes:

I use Meguires Endurance, but have found that applying it with a Sponge it doesn't last very long, if Allied with a short haired stiff paint brush, it adheres better and lasts longer!:D:banana:

I was just about to comment when you posted the answer!:rolleyes:

I use Meguires Endurance, but have found that applying it with a Sponge it doesn't last very long, if Allied with a short haired stiff paint brush, it adheres better and lasts longer!:D:banana:

That's a good tip, as I apply mine with a sponge too and have the same results.

If you guys aren’t literally scrubbing the sidewalls clean with an appropriate brush then products won’t last long

I use a Tuff Shine tyre brush, scrub down with citrus wash, then apply megs endurance via a foam tyre applicator and the finish lasts for over a month

If you guys aren’t literally scrubbing the sidewalls clean with an appropriate brush then products won’t last long

I use a Tuff Shine tyre brush, scrub down with citrus wash, then apply megs endurance via a foam tyre applicator and the finish lasts for over a month

Professional ;):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom