• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Best way to do 30k pa?

Ours did leave the drive, but only to turn it around.

That was enough to get stuck in the gutter, facing across the road, completely blocking it.

Emptied the pub opposite to help free her.

That was not embarrassing at all, not at all.....

Which one is your local then? Sounds like I need to pay a visit if the punters are that good!!!

John, I was referring to David's post above...can't think of a single Camberley watering hole that would be that helpful!

John, I was referring to David's post above...can't think of a single Camberley watering hole that would be that helpful!

That's very odd. The only person I have ever met from Camberley is John. A more helpful man you could not wish to meet. I thought that everyone would be helpful and buddy-like down south:dk: And I have no wish to start a North South thread again.

Sounds like there are at least two decent citizens in Camberley. Best swop phone numbers case it snows eh?:thumb:

Keep the car, put aside the money every month that you would have spent if you went for option 3, in your first post (buying a C220 CDi), by the time your E280 CDi becomes uneconomical to run/worn out (this might take a while), you might have saved up enough maybe for a deposit on a new car.

[My 57 plate E320 CDi now on 170,000 miles - not a problem!]

I would not be scared of high mileage Mercs as long as they have been serviced properly .

My 430K W124 with full MBSH drove like a new car and never needed anything beyond routine servicing , tyres etc in the 20K I covered before it was written off .

I have had a W114 up to 270K , most of that mileage in my hands , again with just routine stuff ( it was manual and the clutch was replaced twice ) the car still ran well but was rotten underneath .

My current W126 was bought with 158K and has now covered over 40K in the last three years without missing a beat , I covered over 20K in the year before last , a bit less in my first year of ownership and only about 6K this year , using it less due to the increased price of petrol - currently converting to LPG for this reason .

I would not expect a well cared for 211 to give any major problems if it has been running reliably so far .

If you need to cover against downtime , a 190E or W124 bought for buttons would make a good backup car without costing the earth .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom