Bit of topic....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AJTHOMAS

Car
A160
Bidding for Merc bits on the German EBay site.

How do you normally pay for items, CCard, Cash, PayPal ?

I might have snagged an Audio10 unit on ebay but the seller is private and has no CCard facility.

Has anyone risked cash in the post or would you insist on an escrow service such as PayPal or Yahoo ?.
Does anybody know of a banking alternative such as BACS for overseas transfers ?

Cheers,
Andrew

I always use paypal wherever I can, but I suppose it's down to the individual making the purchase,and of course, if the seller accepts it.

send an international money order - you just buy them from the banks or travel agents (american express do them) it's a safe and secure method of sending money as they are strictly A/C payee only and you get an acknowledgement of them being cashed.

99% of people on Ebay are straight and honest people very few transactions go wrong.

Andy

I've sold tons of stuff on ebay - and accept paypal, cash, cheques, etc.

I'd use a personal cheque or PayPal to pay for it.

With PayPal - as long as you and the other person has a legitimate e-mail address (ie - not a freebie like hotmail.com, yahho.com, etc) then you can send them a payment via PayPal.

However - the other person may be reluctant to accept. There's absolutely nothing to stop you using a nicked or dodgy credit card. The payment goes thru - you get the goods but then when the fraud comes to light - the money is taken back from the person.

As for Escrow services - even more suspect. There's some seriously dodgy goings on with some companies - and it's not a service I use or accept - and never will.

Just my tuppence worth.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom