blower motor replaced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevegbr

Car
mercedes w203 avantgard se a 1.8 2007
finaly got round to removing my blower motor on my w204, removed the panel and removed the lamp holder and temperature cables, then it got tight as i had to move myself in to the footwell, disconnected the motor cables from the motor, pulled on the tab then tried to turn the motor, i will tell you it was very hard to get it to turn, it eventually turned and i got it out, the motor was completely seized, could not move it, put the new motor in and connected the cables, now for the moment of truth, i was worried that the resistor had gone as well, turned on the ignition and turned up the fan, what a relief, it worked all through the speeds, to feel the heat coming through was a relief i can tell you, well that was my sunday, cost me £59 for the motor, so well chuffed.

Good work. I hate those jobs where my hands are always just too big

Got it from partsmotion on eBay. Arrived in two days. Looked very well made. Had not got the vents in the spinner. So will stop water getting in to the windings. The old motor had 07 on the stamp so must have been original.

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Any pointers on removal?
I have managed to disconnect all cables and turned the motor anti-clockwise but I can't pull it out. It feels as though something else is holding it in place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom