BLUETOOTH PAIRING WITH iPHONE NO GO!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AJA1066

Car
E250 /11/ cdi S212
Good Evening - a boring subject I'm afraid and also a frustrating one.
It seems impossible to connect my iPhone to the hands-free telephone
connection (W212 Avantgarde) - it states on the central screen - Bluetooth Not Activated - but on further research it would seem
that the Bluetooth has been de-activated in the actual System. I have had the System Screen up, but there appears no way in which to engage with it.
The iPhone also can not find the MB Bluetooth connection.
I have read the Manuals, but they are of no use.
If anyone can suggest a simple solution, I would be very grateful.
Cheers to all.

I had this problem this week with my new iPhone, as I had not driven the car for a few months

Had been trying since Monday but to no avail, only today I did it from the steering cluster screen, flick through to Bluetooth telephony (I think that’s the section name?) and it will say no phone connected. Click okay to then search and also bring it up on the comand/dash screen and scroll down to Bluetooth, and then search phones, scroll down to iPhone (with no tick beside it) click on that and have your Bluetooth menu up on your phone and it should then come up on both screens to pair with the matching code

I have a C204 so a different system but I should imagine the process would be similar. Prior to this, only using the dash screen to pair (like I usually would) just would not work

How close in Sussex are you to J3 M3? Comand.co.uk AKA Unique Car Sounds are about 2 miles from that junction, and I'd just about guarantee they will sort it out for you!

BTW, if you have the UHI connector in the centre arm rest and an iPhone 4, I have the appropriate cradle (and idiots guide) that connects to the UHI connector, you click the iPhone 4 into it and it charges, uses the car aerial instead of the phone aerial (much better) and connects via bluetooth to your Comand system, yours for the P&P!!

I had this problem this week with my new iPhone, as I had not driven the car for a few months

Had been trying since Monday but to no avail, only today I did it from the steering cluster screen, flick through to Bluetooth telephony (I think that’s the section name?) and it will say no phone connected. Click okay to then search and also bring it up on the comand/dash screen and scroll down to Bluetooth, and then search phones, scroll down to iPhone (with no tick beside it) click on that and have your Bluetooth menu up on your phone and it should then come up on both screens to pair with the matching code

I have a C204 so a different system but I should imagine the process would be similar. Prior to this, only using the dash screen to pair (like I usually would) just would not work
Thanks. I think you are absolutely correct about the 2 screens working in tandem - but I cannot see how to bring it up on Command.....

How close in Sussex are you to J3 M3? Comand.co.uk AKA Unique Car Sounds are about 2 miles from that junction, and I'd just about guarantee they will sort it out for you!

BTW, if you have the UHI connector in the centre arm rest and an iPhone 4, I have the appropriate cradle (and idiots guide) that connects to the UHI connector, you click the iPhone 4 into it and it charges, uses the car aerial instead of the phone aerial (much better) and connects via bluetooth to your Comand system, yours for the P&P!!
I was driving up the M3 only last week ....thanks that's a great tip. Also your cradle suggestion is really thoughtful & very kind. Problem is I am almost sure I do not have this UHi as the car seems pre-any tech-anything at 2011 - i think all the S Classes have this feature from about 2004 - anyway I have an iPhone SE - not the latest new branded SE but the old one. I will check UHi tomorrow. How can something so simple - be so difficult to sort out?

Problem is I am almost sure I do not have this UHi as the car seems pre-any tech-anything at 2011

If it’s not in the armrest cubby, there will be a good possibility it may be in the glovebox

I have just posted an update to your other post on how to activate Bluetooth which may help.

Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom