• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Bluetooth UHI Quandry

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Volvo S90
I got my new car a few weeks back and ive been trying to get by with older phones without really having much pleasure :)

Im thinking about going down the bluetooth route and i can't make my mind up about which puck to get.

Should i get the V2 rsap mercedes OEM cradle and then buy a modern nokia phone such as the E71 to go allong with it.

Should i get the OEM HFP mercedes cradle and use my blackberry 8310 with it or ..

should i buy the viseo2000 UHI bluetooth cradle.

Im open to suggestions.

n series nokia

hfp doesnt import contacts with n95 8gb with latest firmware 30. ....
phone battery gets heavily drained, flat in 12 hours

sap v1 does import contacts from sim only, in remote sim mode same phone. Phone barely gets drained in a 12 hour day, no bat bars lost
both connect easily and make & recive clearly. first blue tooth kit I have found to connect reliably & so convenient & faf free.

I imagine sap 2 would work ok, others can probably can confirm.

A lot on flea bay, some times quite cheap. buying new the best price I have seen is from alfie of comand.uk

Last edited:
I decided on Viseo (from Alfie) because it has a good level of compatibility with current phones and a good chance of future upgrade capability.
The MB Bluetooth adapters pretty much come with a guarantee they won't work with the phone you buy next week.

I've got a Viseeo for use with my Blackberry but never use it. I found the SAP v2 with a suitable phone (in my case the Nokia N73) to be a better option, no battery drain, hassle free BT connection and a good clear signal at all times as SAP uses the car's aerial. Now I just forward calls from my Blackberry (work phone) to the Nokia (personal phone) when I'm in the car. I figure that SIM Access Profile is really the way the technology is heading.

I have to second what amwebby has said. When it comes to bluetooth the SAP module is what you could regard as being the elegant solution. It really does make a difference to battery drain and signal strength.

wee update.

Tried a nokia E71 last week and wasnt really getting on with it. Lasted a day and id had enough. Nowhere as good as a blackberry.

Bought the blackberry bold 9000 and liked it so went ahead and ordered the Viseeo 2000 UHI cradle from Comand.co.uk.

Pleased with it , phonebook took a fair bit to download like 30 mins but it did what it said on the tin and im pleased with it so far. Only got it last night so hardly used it but the phonebook download has worked a treat so far.

Ill let you guys know how i get on with it :)

I just got an E71 and really like it!!!

What is better about the blackberry? :confused:

M.

It just does what it says on the tin without any messing about and its got a nicer screen :)

For instance , on a bb replying to a text message.. click reply and type and send. E71 Reply , Text message, Send.

Might seem petty but i send quite a few a day and it was getting annoying :) i know .. picking holes.!

Im a blackberry addict and proud of it :) Pick up a bold when you get a chance and you might see what i mean. Girl in the blackberry shop was agreeing with me that the bold was the better phone of the two.

horses for courses :)

It just does what it says on the tin without any messing about and its got a nicer screen :)

For instance , on a bb replying to a text message.. click reply and type and send. E71 Reply , Text message, Send.

Might seem petty but i send quite a few a day and it was getting annoying :) i know .. picking holes.!

Im a blackberry addict and proud of it :) Pick up a bold when you get a chance and you might see what i mean. Girl in the blackberry shop was agreeing with me that the bold was the better phone of the two.

horses for courses :)

Haha, yes I did look at the Bold but thought it was a bit bulky and large compared to the Nokia.

I know how the Nokia thing works but not the BB so I went with that but as you say "horses for courses"

Maybe I ought to check it out a bit more but then I'd have to buy one....:o and a viseeo thing too. :eek:

Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom