Pairing iPhone to 2005 Comand System

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pistolfish

Car
2005 S320CDi
Hi guys, I have a 2005 S320CDi with the standard Comand system. It comes with a phone cradle for a Nokia 6310i but I would like to pair my iPhone 12 to it so I could use it handsfree. When I turn on the bluetooth on my phone and Comand it finds my phone and asks for a code. When I input the code 62872 (as kindly sugested on another thread) my phone asks for a PIN number. When I input my phone’s PIN number, Comand says Not Authorised. What am I missing?
Do I need a Bluetooth puck or bluetooth receiver (whatever that is)? The Bluetooth in Comand seems to work as it found my phone it just doesn’t pair with it.
Ant advice gratefully received.

You will need phone prep (you should see a connector in the centre armrest if you have this, and a bluetooth puck.
what you are seeing is Bluetooth for a headset only.
Note you won’t be able to stream music via Bluetooth on this system.

Hi guys, I have a 2005 S320CDi with the standard Comand system. It comes with a phone cradle for a Nokia 6310i but I would like to pair my iPhone 12 to it so I could use it handsfree. When I turn on the bluetooth on my phone and Comand it finds my phone and asks for a code. When I input the code 62872 (as kindly sugested on another thread) my phone asks for a PIN number. When I input my phone’s PIN number, Comand says Not Authorised. What am I missing?
Do I need a Bluetooth puck or bluetooth receiver (whatever that is)? The Bluetooth in Comand seems to work as it found my phone it just doesn’t pair with it.
Ant advice gratefully received.

When you pair your phone with your COMAND, you enter the same pairing code for both devices (any code works). The usual bluetooth pairing process for two devices that have a display and a keyboard. More simple devices use a fixed pin code (that you enter only on the "other" device).

However, you do not have much joy pairing the phone with an old COMAND. You can send visitor cards except that I'm afraid iPhone does not support that. The head unit anyway does not support bluetooth hands free operation.

As above, you need a bluetooth adapter. A 2005 car should have an UHI kit, the 6310i cradle should be detachable and you can replace it with a bluetooth adapter (use the HF profile adapter as iPhone does not support SAP, the other adapter type).

If the 6310i was seated on a cradle with a curly cable, you would need a ViseeO bluetooth adapter that replaces the 6310i phone.

You would then pair your phone with the bluetooth adapter, not the head unit.

Reactions: Ted
When you pair your phone with your COMAND, you enter the same pairing code for both devices (any code works). The usual bluetooth pairing process for two devices that have a display and a keyboard. More simple devices use a fixed pin code (that you enter only on the "other" device).

However, you do not have much joy pairing the phone with an old COMAND. You can send visitor cards except that I'm afraid iPhone does not support that. The head unit anyway does not support bluetooth hands free operation.

As above, you need a bluetooth adapter. A 2005 car should have an UHI kit, the 6310i cradle should be detachable and you can replace it with a bluetooth adapter (use the HF profile adapter as iPhone does not support SAP, the other adapter type).

If the 6310i was seated on a cradle with a curly cable, you would need a ViseeO bluetooth adapter that replaces the 6310i phone.

You would then pair your phone with the bluetooth adapter, not the head unit.
Thanks very much for that, I shall investigate further.

The first iPhone appeared about 2 years after your car was built ,my 2006 C class has a UHI plugged into the 'hot shoe' in the armrest , my car is telephony ready and connects with my iPhone 13 despite just having Audio 20, but the whole experience is dated and pretty grim .

The keypad on the dash will not work so scrolling on the dash is the only way to make a call which then only comes out of one speaker (passenger footwell) . Personally this doesn't bother me as I am quite happy not to speak to anyone while I am driving.

If you really need a proper working phone there are many options out there. Buying an expensive MB UHI (be aware , they all look the same but are not) is not one of them in my opinion.

commandonline.co.uk (sponsor on here) will steer you in the right direction depending on your needs.

bluetooth.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

Do you know what lads? This all sounds unnecessarily complicated and expensive. I just want to be able to answer calls whilst driving. My mate has a 6310i that works. Maybe I’ll just buy a SIM card. Guess I must be a Luddite! (Bought the wrong car then!)

It's not complicated.

Get one, plug it in, pair the phone and it will work faultlessly.
It did on my old CLK.

It will not work.

Would work here, we still have 2G live and perfect coverage for a while although cellular operators are after this bandwidth to led kids play videos using 90% of the network capacity but paying less than 10% (we have flat rate data). Losing MB telephony isn't the biggest issue though...

It's not complicated.

Get one, plug it in, pair the phone and it will work faultlessly.
It did on my old CLK.
Likewise worked perfectly on my old W211. They are not even that expensive.

If the US and UK W220 models use similar systems. The command system does not have an aux jack or Bluetooth capability so your only other option is to use an FM transmitter. Not ideal but they do work

Mr12volt is another option that I’ve had good results with previously, plugs into the MOST ring and displays track data on command etc ( and has a mic for calls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom