Book a test drive on MB website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
anyone got any recent experience of “book a test drive” request via the MB official website.

Currently daydreaming about what my next MB will be but not quite ready to change, possibly a year or so down the line.

I like the looks of the new E W213s and would like to have a try but feel a bit cheeky putting I the request as I’m not seriously thinking about changing cars yet. Will I be hounded for the next 365 days if I take one out?

They probably wouldn't let you when you got there, they'd take you for a sit down and a cup of tea and discuss your situation, then give you a card and say to ask for them when you're ready to buy one - but feel free to look around the showroom etc.

I found the sales team more than helpful when I asked for a test drive in an E300 Hybrid at Robinsons in Norwich.

They had to get one brought down from another branch, gave me the keys after a bit of paperwork and off I went.

Felt guilty though in having to get the car from another dealership as they could not match the one from Mercedes Sheffield.

I made up though in buying my E350 from them.

I guess it depends on the dealership but would have thought if booked through the Mercedes web site they are duty bound to give you a test drive.

Robin

Thanks for the thoughts folks. Would be my local MB dealer that I’ve spent a decent amount in workshop this year so kind of an existing customer.

I guess I may need to feign interest in a more immediate purchase to ensure I get the drive. Alternatively I suppose I could hire one for a couple of days from enterprise or similar.

I found the sales team more than helpful when I asked for a test drive in an E300 Hybrid at Robinsons in Norwich.

They had to get one brought down from another branch, gave me the keys after a bit of paperwork and off I went.

Felt guilty though in having to get the car from another dealership as they could not match the one from Mercedes Sheffield.

I made up though in buying my E350 from them.

I guess it depends on the dealership but would have thought if booked through the Mercedes web site they are duty bound to give you a test drive.

Robin

Glad you had a good experience!

You’re right, we are duty bound when it comes to the test drives booked online. They’re all monitored by HQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you had a good experience!

You’re right, we are duty bound when it comes to the test drives booked online. They’re all monitored by HQ

Thanks JBD for the info.

I’ve just noticed there is another website aimed at company car drivers that facilitates a longer 48h test drive.

I work for a large multinational and have a car allowance, there is a car scheme of sorts organised by zenith.

I may enquire either with zenith or direct with Mb corporate and see if that’s an option.

Anyone gone down this route before?

Thanks JBD for the info.

I’ve just noticed there is another website aimed at company car drivers that facilitates a longer 48h test drive.

I work for a large multinational and have a car allowance, there is a car scheme of sorts organised by zenith.

I may enquire either with zenith or direct with Mb corporate and see if that’s an option.

Anyone gone down this route before?

Quite often the company that runs your scheme will have their own fleet of cars to use for test drives. It’s worth checking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom