• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Boot operation?

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Strange thing happened today.......stupidly played golf in leafy extremely wet Cheshire :doh:

Put the clubs in boot went for a shower.....back to throw bag in and go for some food, the boot remote locking clicked but the boot would not open, tried locking / unlocking a few times...no joy, tried the valet key in lock...nope :confused:

6:15pm....Mercedes Manchester shuts at 6:30 so on the phone.

1st advice....drop the back seats....yes my car has that option, but the release is in the boot dum dum!

2nd advice try locking / unlocking.....really!

3rd advice use valet key.....err tried that!

4th advice...ring Mobilo will be out within 1/2 hour....ok sounds like a plan.

Then had a brain wave, my CLK seat used to stick, push down and it would release......tried while on phone to Mercedes....bingo! now works without fault again....did it just not latch properly?

while in car the dealership struggled to hear me....I said yes that my only other gripe with car the bluetooth is terrible.

To be fair they said bring car in tomorrow and they will look at the boot catch and bluetooth. Will report back!

Ask them why the don’t test the emergency key in the boot and door lock when the service their cars.

attachment.php

Dec

Ask them why the don’t test the emergency key in the boot and door lock when the service their cars.

attachment.php

Will do.... I only bought the car on Wednesday afternoon, with fresh service & MOT!

Don't knacker your locks with WD40 : graphite lubricant is the correct product .

Pontoneer said:
Don't knacker your locks with WD40 : graphite lubricant is the correct product .

Ok thanks for heads up

Been in this morning, of course could not replicate fault!! So advised to monitor.....reasonable request.
Tech looked at Bluetooth and of course that was perfect as well

So all good, will get on with enjoying car.....just waiting for command update disk from comand online now and a day without rain so I can give it a deep clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom