Boroscopes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tezz

Car
A180 w169 2006 2.0 cdi
Dose anyone use the plugin type you use on phone or tablet

You have to make sure there is a light at the end, the other issue with these kind of things is the inability to look to the side, yes you can get a clip on mirror angled to the side but then quite often its too big to fit in a plug hole

I have one exactly like that, the resolution is very low and low light performance is pretty poor even with the lights. I think mine came with a mirror that didn't add any extra width.

I think it's a case of getting what you pay for, it's better than nothing but not by a whole lot.

For a trained eye it may be good enough to identify bore scoring

Purchased one a few months ago to identify the source , between the V , of a coolant leak . Paid around £7 for it and it worked fine on my Galaxy tablet , light is bright enough to illuminate the viewing area and the close image is pretty good quality for the initial outlay.

The one i bought was around 7mm dia , had variable light intensity and a button to take an image , there is also the option to take a video via the downloadable app.

Unfortunately the eBay link is no longer live but there are loads to choose from.

K

Yes i have one very cheap on Ebay . Use it on the phone or your computerand you can take a picture at the same time, with a light on the end and, and a clip on magnet .

Many thanks all

I wanted it just to see down back of engine before I took anything apart to give me idea what's there

Thanks

Tezz

After reading peoples comments I decided to dig mine out.

It isn't as bad as I initially made out, I think I have just been spoiled by the quality of phone cameras. For the price the image is acceptable, I found the built in lights need to be set quite low to avoid lens flare. I imagine for a step up in quality/ resolution there is a significant jump in price

Many thanks all

I wanted it just to see down back of engine before I took anything apart to give me idea what's there

Thanks

Tezz

The one i have is not too good from a distance , image wise , it is better up close.

What i do now is get my phone and set the camera on a 5s timer , this gives me enough time to hold it in the area i want to see and the decent quality of the image lets me zoom into anything i need to see. You could also take a video and look at that.

K

Ivan your right they are a bit basic . But ok to use when the computer is hooked up to it . I have this old XP that i use to view the scope images. More you shell out the better the profuct is

So I got one off Ebay, works ok when connected to my tablet, can read small print on instructions, is bit of a pain to use but if you have an idea what you looking for and at it very helpfull for a £10

Thanks

My Porsche indy lost the clip on mirror in cylinder 2 of my 997 while conducting a scored bore inspection for my buyer at 4.30 one friday evening, buyer due with a draft at 8.30 the next day. They did get it out by 10pm a very calm heads and a heath robinson set of gadgets were used before they liberated it. I believe a wrap of tape is there cure now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom