Brabus b63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only 40bhp+ over the standard '63 - not worth that much of a premium bar its rareity.

Looks a bit shandy to me; no Brabus wheels, exhaust pipes, or interior save for kickplates.

If I was being harsh I'd say it's actually a "normal" ML63 with a few Brabus badges thrown on...

Looks a bit shandy to me; no Brabus wheels, exhaust pipes, or interior save for kickplates.

If I was being harsh I'd say it's actually a "normal" ML63 with a few Brabus badges thrown on...

20051952-19.jpg

That said, its not a full fat Brabus by the looks of it, just a Brabus parts cat special.

20051952-19.jpg

That said, its not a full fat Brabus by the looks of it, just a Brabus parts cat special.
That’s the original engine cover painted in red with a couple of badges on isn’t it?

Really struggling to see why anyone would pay more for this than a similar mileage ML63...

That’s the original engine cover painted in red with a couple of badges on isn’t it?

Really struggling to see why anyone would pay more for this than a similar mileage ML63...

It has a proper Brabus engine plaque aswell.

As per my previous message "That said, its not a full fat Brabus by the looks of it, just a Brabus parts catalogue special."

Not really worth more than a standard ML63 I agree :)

It has a proper Brabus engine plaque aswell.

As per my previous message "That said, its not a full fat Brabus by the looks of it, just a Brabus parts catalogue special."

Not really worth more than a standard ML63 I agree :)
I got caught out by your edit I think!

Yes, would much prefer to buy a clean ML63 and add Brabus alloys and exhaust system and still have some left over...

I think like it, it'll be interesting to see what it goes for
My personal favourite line:

“The 20-inch alloy wheels would benefit from refurbishment and there are some stone chips / imperfections to the paintwork. However, these are readily forgotten whenever the throttle pedal is depressed!”

The B 63 S is is not just a remap, it includes metal catalysts and air filters, and it cost EUR 8,920 plus fitting. I can't see any other Brabus bits.

For comparison, last year a B 63 S with similar mileage, but 3 years newer (with facelift), full custom Brabus interior, Brabus trinkets (badges, kickplates, etc), wheels and a load of other bits sold for £18k.

If it was just the extra 40 bhp, I'd have thought any tuner worth their salt could manage that on an M156 with just a remap. For comparison, Celtic Tuning claim 540 bhp, 34 bhp up on stock.
0-60 in 4.7 seconds 'supercar-baiting'? Twenty years ago, maybe...

Ugly thing with those 20" wheels and all in black, too. Very nice interior, though; if it was an ML500 in Tanzanite or Mystic Blue, I could well be interested.

Last edited:
If it was just the extra 40 bhp, I'd have thought any tuner worth their salt could manage that on an M156 with just a remap.

Ugly thing with those 20" wheels and all in black, too. Nice interior, though.
Certainly with performance cats, 550PS would be attainable.

I agree those wheels don’t suit the car. A set of Brabus VI in silver and diamond cut finish would look sensational.

Certainly with performance cats, 550PS would be attainable.

I agree those wheels don’t suit the car. A set of Brabus VI in silver and diamond cut finish would look sensational.
That’s what bugs me most about that ML; it hasn’t even got the 1st option you’d tick in the Brabus catalogue and that’s the fecking wheels!

That’s what bugs me most about that ML; it hasn’t even got the 1st option you’d tick in the Brabus catalogue and that’s the fecking wheels!
I agree, the wheels are visually what make a Brabus a Brabus.

I would love to see someone take a standard rep-mobile to Brabus and do everything on the engine but leave everything on the body standard!
The CLS Rocket was great for that very reason, there was no clue from the outside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom