• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Nice 560 SEC - 69k miles

Same color as mine

20150815_183546-jpg.91013
Lester Piggot had one like that. We worked at The Connaught and he lived opposite.

Hes probably got 20 of them as well!! 🤣🤣🤪
And almost the right pothole free roads to drive them on too.

(Give or take the odd rural surprise)

Like a gun nut armed to the teeth - legally?

Lester Piggot had one like that. We worked at The Connaught and he lived opposite.
But then there's Nigel Mansell's C126 left hooker.

Ordered so that he could drive himself to European F1 races.

Oh dear, I think I need a Friday evening strengthener.

Image 2.jpeg

Hes probably got 20 of them as well!! 🤣🤣🤪

Just the one, but it's a CL65. I did the heater box reseal on the 560SEC when I replaced the old cracked dash with a new one. It's a big job and the car when I bought it was probably not worth it, had it not been for it being a Euro car with the 300hp motor.

Attachments

• cl65.jpg
    cl65.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
You said you were offered an SLC but you turned it down because you always promised yourself an SEC.

What was the SEC like?

The SEC never happened. 16 years ago when I bought my first W202 I looked at several SEC's around the 8 to 10 grand mark and at the time they were probably just as good if not better than the one in this thread. Due to having a new born the SEC just wasn't practical. So since then I've had 20 other cheapo mercs that have cost me a bloody fortune on faffing about. Should have just bought the SEC and been done with it, would have been a heck of a lot cheaper in the long run. I've missed the boat now and will have to wait til retirement :doh:

The SEC never happened. 16 years ago when I bought my first W202 I looked at several SEC's around the 8 to 10 grand mark and at the time they were probably just as good if not better than the one in this thread. Due to having a new born the SEC just wasn't practical. So since then I've had 20 other cheapo mercs that have cost me a bloody fortune on faffing about. Should have just bought the SEC and been done with it, would have been a heck of a lot cheaper in the long run. I've missed the boat now and will have to wait til retirement :doh:

The SLC is a nice car. it's actually a better car when compared to an R107 SL. They have a longer wheelbase which makes the ride nicer and you have more room. With the windows down and the roof open, you get plenty of open air experience. I still have an 80 450SLC 5.0 in inca red that needs putting back together.

This is my old 81 500SLC which had the rare at the time ABS option. It was originally anthracite but someone painted it back and it sports the same wheels that are now on my SEC

1713565315886.png

This is my old 79 450SLC 5.0 in my favorite 70's color. Ikon gold.

1713565365558.png

The SLC is a nice car. it's actually a better car when compared to an R107 SL. They have a longer wheelbase which makes the ride nicer and you have more room. With the windows down and the roof open, you get plenty of open air experience. I still have an 80 450SLC 5.0 in inca red that needs putting back together.

This is my old 81 500SLC which had the rare at the time ABS option. It was originally anthracite but someone painted it back and it sports the same wheels that are now on my SEC

View attachment 155838

This is my old 79 450SLC 5.0 in my favorite 70's color. Ikon gold.

View attachment 155839
You live in the right place for a big 2+2 coupe.

I’ve been in and out of them over the years. They appeal to a European for the luxury, ride comfort and ability to carry occasional passengers (without cutting legs off).

But for Europeans they can be an awkward halfway house between the convertibles, and two seaters that the ladies do love, and the practical four seaters. So somehow the 928’s, the 850i’s, SLC’s and CL’s seem to pass through that bit quicker. It’s a tough gig.

somehow the 928’s, the 850i’s, SLC’s and CL’s seem to pass through that bit quicker. It’s a tough gig.

The 850i is on my list, as is a C140. The C107 is really not a big car. Probably the size of a 928 or a bit bigger. It has a decent size boot and decent size back seats.

Not I. It'll be back, and I dare say the bidding will be even lower than the first time around. I wonder whether the owner is someone who Knows What It's Worth, and wouldn't take the auctioneer's advice on the reserve?

There has been one very much like this, same colour, but I think an 'F' reg with slightly different bumpers for sale a few doors up from me for a while. Private, with an ad in the rear window for around £11k. It was running a little rich and lumpy when I used to hear and smell it drive past, but I've not seen it on the driveway for a few months. I was partially tempted, but money has been tighter than I would prefer (blooming mortgage interest rates, grrrr).

Some slight errors in my above post, but was reminded about it as I saw it on the drive again this evening.
It's a blue 500SEC. G reg, so 1989. 126k, but bodywork looks good (i.e. not riddled with obvious rust) and although the note in the rear screen says £11,500, it's now on Autotrader for a quid under 10 grand.

Nothing to do with me I might add.

Owners are getting old, ULEZ becomes a problem for those in or around London, mechanics are retiring, renovation is more expensive than ever, people notice they don’t have Bluetooth / Satnav / CarPlay and newer cars like the c215 or C216 are crazy cheap…

Alleluia !
Easy to change the radio ( and keep the original to one side ) and get all these features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom