• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Brake Caliper Ceramic Grease .

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Just thought it would be good to use this ceramic grease on my brake calipers . Well i ordered it off Ebay and it turned up , and i never looked at it right away , because i had friends visit me .Any how i got to look at it after they had gone . I could see grease on the box .So i opened it up to find the top of the tin was just on and some grease had leaked out . So i told the seller in a message . But because i only needed a small amount for the calipers told seller to forget it and i would keep it .Then i went and opened the tin to find 50% was missing ..Now it was not in the box it came in .well there was but not 50% of it . I also noticed a small dent in the tin that might have caused the lid to push off, and with grease it would not take a lot to move it . So it looks as if i used what i wanted , and then opened a case against the seller . But i have did not do this . Waiting on a reply after sending pictures off .

I thought that
White silicone grease is used on slider pins
Red rubber grease is used on pistons
Copper slip for the edge/back of pads (is this where you are using the ceramic grease ?)

I had to rush the message and i can see a few spelling mistakes . You can use ceramic grease for both slider pins, and its also none corrosive on rubber . I never finished the message above my door bell rang . So i am waiting on the seller now for his response . As it is, it looks like i had take out just what i needed and put a claim in.. Or did the seller know it was half empty thinking i would say nothing . The grease that is missing , is not in the box it came in .So it could be in the stock room of the Ebay seller and some place is this puddle of Ceramic grease .

Attachments

• DSC06658.JPG
    DSC06658.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC06652.JPG
    DSC06652.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC06689.JPG
    DSC06689.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC06691.JPG
    DSC06691.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 8
I've been using Pad Goo from Bremtech, on the Volvo which is prone to brake squeal.
This seems to have stopped it.

All sorted .Refund given after a war of words with the seller on Ebay . Going for silicone grease now for slider pins . But the Granville ceramic grease was good quality, and i will get some more at a later date not half a tin like this one was .DSC06691.JPG

The grease needed to lube the pistons has to be compatible with rubber and not cause the rubber to swell. Red rubber grease is the usually solution but some modern greases intended for this purpose are silicon based. In order to keep brake drag at bay I believe it's just as important to lube the piston as it is the slider pins. The only force that retracts the pads off the disc is the hysteresis in the caliper piston seals and that has to overcome both piston stiction and slider pin stiction.

Brake Seal.jpg

This might be better for slider pins (sorry for the huge pic)

0846-(colorbox).jpg

Bob6600 Thanks it was that , or silicone grease , and silicone won. Also Granville never secure the tops of the tin . See first post .Ceramic grease is on its way back to the Ebay seller dont see why i should pay for half of what was in the tin ,when the other half was in the box it came in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom