• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.
Wow.... I thought they would brave anything... very very sad.

That's most sad, but a friend who has a 411 and a convertible mentioned his concerns to me a couple of months ago. Another unique producer disappears.

It's not gone yet, someone may step in with a rescue.

I hope so Nick, and hopefully not some nutter with insufficient funding, as has too often been the case. Perhaps the newly revived Jensen, who use exactly the same engines and transmission.

Good luck to them.

A unique marque, very sad.

I care.

A Bristol was always my top "if I win the lottery" car.

Mind you, it doesnt surprise me.

Many quality makers have fallen. Alvis, Armstrong Siddley, Trident, Gilbern and Gordon Keeble to name just a few off the top of my head.
Many 'survivors' are around, but in name only. Lotus, Rolls-Royce and Aston-Martin to name but three.
I think Morgan are now the biggest British car maker.

Now THATS what I call REALLY sad.

Last edited:
Very sad news indeed , if not all that surprising .

Rats! That's one car to cross off my "when I win the lottery" list. A sad end for a modern classic.

I care.

A Bristol was always my top "if I win the lottery" car.

Mind you, it doesnt surprise me.

Many quality makers have fallen. Alvis, Armstrong Siddley, Trident, Gilbern and Gordon Keeble to name just a few off the top of my head.
Many 'survivors' are around, but in name only. Lotus, Rolls-Royce and Aston-Martin to name but three.
I think Morgan are now the biggest British car maker.

Now THATS what I call REALLY sad.

It's sad news indeed. Me too on the "if I win the lottery" - specifically and Bristol Fighter - looks good and goes like stink. Would be great fun to get one on an autobahn just to get the locals wondering "what was that?"

sml-fighter-01.jpg

As for Morgan now being the biggest British car maker... I think you'll find that it's Manganese Bronze Holdings PLC (owners of The London Taxi Company)

I didn't even realise they were still going. Don't think I have ever seen one in real life, and certainly never known anyone who owned one.

As for Morgan now being the biggest British car maker... I think you'll find that it's Manganese Bronze Holdings PLC (owners of The London Taxi Company)

Geeley the Chinese car maker are now in control and manufacture the "London Taxi" in China.

It amazes me how we've allowed our country to be asset stripped, Chinese London Taxis, German Rolls Royces, we'll have a German royal family next...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom