• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C180K W203 Audio Assistance Rqd

roblin

Car
Mercedes C180K
Hi All

Great forum you all have here.

Just bought my first ever MB, an absolute joy to drive my C180K W203. A vast improvement from my old Hyundai Coupe.

Looking for some assistance on how to identify what audio system I have, and what parts I need to be able to run a Parrot Asteroid Smart in its place.

I am guessing I need some form of convertor for the leads and probably a facia insert.

Many Thanks

Hi

I am not sure of options on the pre-facelift cars or familiar with the Parrot unit that you mention to. Mine is a post-facelift car and I use the auxiliary input to play music. Phone is a Parrot unit linked to a connects 2 box with which I can use the steering controls for volume and dialling/ending calls.

There is an adaptor in the passenger footwell already wired to the head unit in the post facelift Audio 20 units (from 2004 on until 2006) . All you need is cable from Mercedes to plug it in and draw it into the glove box. Check the link below. Press and hold the CDC button for a few seconds to activate the aux input which will come up on the head unit.

http://mercupgrades.com/Aux input retrofit on A B C CLK ML GL R-article-17.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom