• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C200 Fan starts automatically while parked! HELP REQUIRED

Hi Everyone,

I am writing to ask about a problem I have been facing with my Mercedes C200, 2015 Model.

When the car is parked with ignition switched off (even if parked for many hours at a stretch), the cooling fan turns on and off intermittently until the battery dies.

While the fan is on, locking or unlocking the car shuts the fan down. The fan turns off when the ignition is turned on and the car drives and runs fine otherwise.

Three garages in London, including two Mercedes dealerships with STAR diagnostics, have been unable to isolate the fault. No codes have come up. Battery is also new and is working fine.

I am not sure but I think that it happens when the cabin temperature rises above a certain point. I happen to think so because it usually does not happen at night. All the temperature sensors and Fan control module have been tested and there is no fault code encountered.

Has it happened with anybody else?

Looking for some useful tips.

Regards
Is this problem solved already? I have the same problem. Regards

Is this problem solved already? I have the same problem. Regards

Welcome.

I think that the radiator fan running after the car has been parked up and locked is normal, it was certainly the case with my 2013 C180 (petrol). Obviously, it should stop after a while. In short, if it runs constantly until the battery is drained then it's a fault, but if it runs for a few minutes then stops, it's normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom