C205 C63 Replica (Don’t Hate)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its got absolutely zero to do with looking down on people, i'm not what you'd call wealthy nor am I some kind of snob. But to me, buying a regular model car and turning it (visually) into something it never was, is pure financial folly - in my opinion.

Also, those who do go down the route of buying thousands of pounds worth of trim parts, badges and wheels clearly have the desire to actually own the real deal, so my point stands - why spend all that money when you could save it and buy (and run) one? When I bought my car in July last year, if I couldn't have afforded the particular model, then there is no way I would bought a standard model, i'd have waited until I could have afforded the genuine item, but again that's my opinion.
Your points make no sense at all and if you got anyone that would agree with you would shock me.

What your saying is to the OP or anyone really is there car is not worthy of spending money on (to you) because in your eyes its not good enough because its not the all singing dancing model, that's basically what your saying, they should save up and buy the "flagship model" because anything lower isn't worthy, well tell me this why would you buy a c63 and think your special? Someone in a 250k supercar could turn around and say why spend money on modifying that when its only a c63? Your point makes absolutely no sense and that's coming across as a snob in my eyes and to be specific a badge snob...

Your points make no sense at all and if you got anyone that would agree with you would shock me.

What your saying is to the OP or anyone really is there car is not worthy of spending money on (to you) because in your eyes its not good enough because its not the all singing dancing model, that's basically what your saying, they should save up and buy the "flagship model" because anything lower isn't worthy, well tell me this why would you buy a c63 and think your special? Someone in a 250k supercar could turn around and say why spend money on modifying that when its only a c63? Your point makes absolutely no sense and that's coming across as a snob in my eyes and to be specific a badge snob...
Did I say buy the 'all singing and dancing model'?

No I didn't - actually read my comments first before getting uppity. I said, if I had my heart set on a particular model and I couldn't afford it at the time, I would keep the money and wait until I had enough to buy it, rather than spending lots of money making it look like something it isn't. And no I wouldn't buy a 'standard' model because I like to own cars that are out of the ordinary and a little bit special. It doesn't make me a snob in any way, otherwise you're implying anyone who owns these kind of cars is also a snob, which of course is absolute nonsense.

Also "Someone who is lucky enough to have a £250k supercar could well tell me......etc etc..." - What? Nothing to do with my point whatsoever....

Be shocked, then...

You just don't seem to understand. People buy what they can afford; if they can't afford the "flagship model", well, life's like that. It's the spending a fortune making a car look like something it's not, then adding the badging to try to fool others into thinking it's what it's not, that is the problem.

I wanted a S63 Coupe, but had to make do with a beggars CLS model.

Maybe it’s not a case of ‘trying to fool’ people. Maybe they just enjoy the process of tinkering with their pride and joy, the satisfaction of tweaking, putting their own mark on the car.

Too many assumptions being made on the subject.

In all fairness its there hard earnt money so they can spend it anyway they please,,not many people can afford £600 tax and 10 mpg I say good luck to them but do them properly 😃

Hi , well my car is an AMG Line Sport with other numerous extras added on at the factory according to my Oasis build sheet.

The AMG Sport has the 3.00 Litre M276 engine and the AMG Line has the 3.5 Litre engine plus larger front discs and pads.

The specifications re output and torque are identical.

As far as I am aware the C207 was never available as a true AMG model but I stand to be corrected.

No doubt the issue is that the C207 never sold in vast quantities and in Europe the sales gained in the E class sector were mostly oil burners and the volume to produce a true AMG car did not exist.

I have heard that if Mercedes had produced a C207 AMG it would have taken sales from the E63 AMG.

Who knows if that is true but would not suprise me.

Did I say buy the 'all singing and dancing model'?

No I didn't - actually read my comments first before getting uppity. I said, if I had my heart set on a particular model and I couldn't afford it at the time, I would keep the money and wait until I had enough to buy it, rather than spending lots of money making it look like something it isn't. And no I wouldn't buy a 'standard' model because I like to own cars that are out of the ordinary and a little bit special. It doesn't make me a snob in any way, otherwise you're implying anyone who owns these kind of cars is also a snob, which of course is absolute nonsense.

Also "Someone who is lucky enough to have a £250k supercar could well tell me......etc etc..." - What? Nothing to do with my point whatsoever....
You have completely changed what your original point you sausage, my point is no matter what car i own or anyone else for that matter who are you to say if there doing the right thing modifying there car! You aint, people like you and your side kick @E55BOF don't seem to get the simple fact that you cant judge someone for wanting to change there car just because you two plums don't think its financially viable i mean seriously who are you to tell people what they can and cant do or "should" do with there car or money just because in your eyes its not worth it, ill happily stand by my point so come on princess i can do this all day.

In all fairness its there hard earnt money so they can spend it anyway they please,,not many people can afford £600 tax and 10 mpg I say good luck to them but do them properly 😃
Exactly.

You have completely changed what your original point you sausage, my point is no matter what car i own or anyone else for that matter who are you to say if there doing the right thing modifying there car! You aint, people like you and your side kick @E55BOF don't seem to get the simple fact that you cant judge someone for wanting to change there car just because you two plums don't think its financially viable i mean seriously who are you to tell people what they can and cant do or "should" do with there car or money just because in your eyes its not worth it, ill happily stand by my point so come on princess i can do this all day.

YOU "don't seem to get the simple fact" that in a forum such as this, people are free to express their opinions. It is the nature of the beast that in a forum discussion, some opinions will be favourable and some will not. You disagree with somebody's opinion; fine, but your disagreement does not negate their right to express it.

I'm nobody's sidekick, I can assure you. I have opinions, and I express them. If I agree with somebody else's opinion in a post, I may 'Like' it or say so.

I suggest you read the last line of my post #26 again; that's it in a nutshell.

Oh, and by the way, when you start gratuitously insulting other contributors to a thread, you're moving from discussion to chip-on-the-shoulder name-calling.

Last edited:
YOU "don't seem to get the simple fact" that in a forum such as this, people are free to express their opinions. It is the nature of the beast that in a forum discussion, some opinions will be favourable and some will not. You disagree with somebody's opinion; fine, but your disagreement does not negate their right to express it.

I'm nobody's sidekick, I can assure you. I have opinions, and I express them. If I agree with somebody else's opinion in a post, I may 'Like' it or say so.

Oh, and by the way, when you start gratuitously insulting other contributors to a thread, you're moving from discussion to chip-on-the-shoulder name-calling.
You can dish it out happily but you can't take it when it's other way around..

You can dish it out happily but you can't take it when it's other way around..

What exactly is he dishing out? Nothing from what I can read, only expressing his opinion.

Sadly nowadays, anyone who expresses a different opinion is a troll or is 'dishing it out'.

Some of the people in this thread just don't seem to like the idea that some people disagree with them, and have taken the bizarre stance that those people are snobs who are looking down on them. I think that's what psychologists call projection lol.

I am a “tuner” i enjoy making my car my own, doing the research into what works and doesnt! Dont really care what anyone else thinks either if i like it im happy its my car after all. Its a great day when you have ordered parts and they arrive and you can then fit them 😊

At the risk of repeating of what I and others have already said, we all have opinions on things. Just because you don't like my opinion on this subject, doesn't make it any less valid than yours, nor does it make me a 'snob'.

You should calm down before you give yourself some kind of breakdown and accept this fact, I need to get to work and more importantly, all this talk of sausages is making me hungry...

I agree with both sides of the argument, you've both got valid points.

ME personally, I wouldn't spend money making my car a replica of something, I always buy older cars so I usually always buy the best I can which is usually the "best" variant of a particular model.

They're sheds in most people's eyes so I definitely don't do it for others, I like the whole aspect of the car, including rarity and sometimes appreciating value.

If I couldn't afford to buy one and bought a base/mid-range model, then I'd be cool with that as I bought itfor itspurpose but I personally wouldn't want to make it look like something it's not and I'd take it for what it is and get a nice set of wheels and tinker with it to make sure it was in its best possible shape to protect my investment.

Having said that I'm a car enthusiast so can appreciate anything if its done well and I can understand why people do it, in the same way I'd never buy a brand new car but can understand why people do, don't car about the year on my plate and other people do etc.

The guys also right who said who is anybody else to tell someone what to do with their car, you're 100% correct. We all have different tastes and views, no one should be a snob, knob or whatever because theirs are different as long as its expressed without harm.

No one is above anybody else based on what car they drive, but depending on our own criteria is where we'll judge a car on, that's where the difference comes in.

I can understand it being taken the wrong way, but the other users opinion was also valid and something I understand, but I also understand why people do it and that's the essence of car enthuisiasm, modifying, design etc.

It's all subjective and nothing to be taken seriously in my opinion.

Do what makes you happy, ignore what doesn't.

👍

At the risk of repeating of what I and others have already said, we all have opinions on things. Just because you don't like my opinion on this subject, doesn't make it any less valid than yours, nor does it make me a 'snob'.

You should calm down before you give yourself some kind of breakdown and accept this fact, I need to get to work and more importantly, all this talk of sausages is making me hungry...
All the comments and i don't see anyone taking your side to be honest so I'm not sure what planet your on and I'm totally calm thank you for your caring nature though its much appreciated, yes your entitled to your opinion but your opinion don't mean that person is right or wrong you jumped on the band wagon and started slating someone for modifying there car end of...

Its nothing to do with expressing there opinions what I've noticed and it only seems to be on this forum is if its not done there way then personal preference don't come into play all what happens is they get slated for it, to add you are a sidekick because you start liking comments jumping on the band wagon when 1 person takes your side, you come across as a bit of a bully so don't get upset when your getting replies back you don't like.

Funny how its only you two in this whole thread that seem to be on there high horse every other normal member here accepts and "understands" that people actually like modifying there car you two don't seem to get that, guess there's always that certain group anywhere though i guess, fortunately the majority of people still modify and personalise there car and i thank them for it because what a boring car scene we would have otherwise.

Ha Ha more popcorn anyone, this is better than points of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom