• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C207 odometer cluster packed up

SD73

Car
merc
Hi all

I'm hoping the fountain of knowledge on this site will be able to help me from going insane

My odometer on my C207 has decided to give up and looks un repairable and has been sent off to have the ECU checked/repaired, so I'm hit with a pretty hefty quote for a new replacement from Merc.

i have been looking around and can get a second hand one with warranty from a few sources but it would seem there are several different manufacturer codes for similar models.

Can anyone advise if these are all fit for purpose
i.e. theres a W212 thats a year newer than mine but is the same odometer, are there any gotchas i need to be aware of as to this one may not work in mine, not sure if they are updated or the ECU is different if this will simply not work or as long as they are within the 2009 -13 range whether a coupe, saloon, estate there should be no difference?

i know you have to get the chassis number aligned to the new dash, but sort want to oder one to find out it doesn't work

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom