• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C220 cdi adblue nox sensor 0 miles

Aj674

Car
C220 cdi 2014
Hi there ,

Im having issues with my 2014 c class c220 , started off with nox sensor 2 cylinder bank 1 .
I have replaced both sensors with non genuine sensors . I still had the sensor fault till i relearned the values . Now i have engine cannot be started due to adblue system being tampered with . I have tried resetting he fault but it comes straight back up .
The car does not start at all

Seen this before with cheap sensors were they from xenon’s for u??

2 new genuine sensors and then relearn or get someone to code them out.

Seen this before with cheap sensors were they from xenon’s for u??

2 new genuine sensors and then relearn or get someone to code them out.
Hi yes the sensors are from xenons for you , but ive managed to clear the code for the sensors , its just the engine start not possible which i cant clear at the moment . Surely if the sensors were still an issue theyd be on showing up as before ?

Hi yes the sensors are from xenons for you , but ive managed to clear the code for the sensors , its just the engine start not possible which i cant clear at the moment . Surely if the sensors were still an issue theyd be on showing up as before ?
I have read somewhere that the Nox sensors have to be "coded" to the car with Star (?)

That’s the exact same as a previous vehicle that I’ve seen when using these sensors. The fault code erases but the adblue system shows faulty due to the sensors.

That’s the exact same as a previous vehicle that I’ve seen when using these sensors. The fault code erases but the adblue system shows faulty due to the sensors.
I called up mercedes and they said there was a recall due on the car in 2019 , which was to replace the nox sensor and update the software . The previous owner never got it done and i was unaware of the situation . Ive booked it in with mercedes for the 1st of march . Hopefully it gets sorted ,
Thanks for your input lads … i will update you once its sorted .

I called up mercedes and they said there was a recall due on the car in 2019 , which was to replace the nox sensor and update the software . The previous owner never got it done and i was unaware of the situation . Ive booked it in with mercedes for the 1st of march . Hopefully it gets sorted ,
Thanks for your input lads … i will update you once its sorted .

Do you still have the original MB sensors? The dealer might need to ship them back to MB (i.e. if the ones fitted to he car now are pattern parts).

Do you still have the original MB sensors? The dealer might need to ship them back to MB (i.e. if the ones fitted to he car now are pattern parts).
Finally got the car back from mercedes , all they needed to do was a software update on the ecu , so that the new sensors ( bought from xenons for you ) can be teached into the car . So i dont think the issue is with the sensors . Its most likely the update was required . Which was done under a recall .
Moral of the story , make sure you check for outstanding recalls .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom