• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C238 (2019) Passenger Footwell Fuse Box

omega1

Car
E400d 2019 4matic (C238)
Hi all,

I'm looking for a switched power supply for the front dashcam on my C238 and wired down to the passenger footwell, only to find that none of these fuses are powered (is that correct?!). Does anyone have a fusebox diagram for these fuses for a 2019 C238?

I guess alternatively I'm wiring to the boot of the car for the fusebox there, but thought I'd find a switched supply in the front.

Thanks in advance.

I'm at a loss on this one!

Is it me, or is the earth terminal not earthed??

The terminal to the right of this fuse box surely must be common ground, no?

I've checked and double checked but it's not, anyone else know where to get an earth nearby for a dashcam?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20241005_113430.jpg
    20241005_113430.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 4
You shouldn't connect wires before you are sure where to and know the feed is properly fused (small enough fuse).

The interior fuse box does not seem to have any ground wiring at all. It does not have any intelligence, not even any relay that would need ground for the coil. The big wire must be from the SAM and is powered by a relay.

What do you expect the fuses do if there is no power at all? Surely they have either permanent power or switched. Wasn't this what you were after?

A very cheap multimeter would help here.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have a multimeter, I also have the fuse diagram layout and the device I am connecting is fused.

I was just surprised that what looked like (and I seem to have wrongly assumed) was a ground cable (it does look like a ground cable, both in the type of connector/terminal and its colour) was not one at all, hence asking if anyone knew what it did and if there was an earth connection nearby I could tap off.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have a multimeter, I also have the fuse diagram layout and the device I am connecting is fused.

I was just surprised that what looked like (and I seem to have wrongly assumed) was a ground cable (it does look like a ground cable, both in the type of connector/terminal and its colour) was not one at all, hence asking if anyone knew what it did and if there was an earth connection nearby I could tap off.

On a Mercedes ground cables are usually brown. The big ones not always follow the colour coding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom