• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

c250 turbo leaking oil

metalizzer

Car
mercedes c250 turbodiesel
Hi M8s

just bought a 1996 c250 turbodiesel wagon for a cheap price.
the engine has a smooth sound and is strong, no smoke, no noises, but on the turbo area is leaking oil to the ground. anyone has any idea where it can come from?

thanks

This could be one of three things 1 the oild feed into the turbo, 2 the return pipe to sump both quite cheap to sort out as long as access is easy or 3 oil leaking out the compressor side of the turbo as a rule mercedes do seem to pass a liitle oil from the turbo but to really find out your gona have to give the area a good clean and run it to see where its coming from.i use brake cleaner and a rag to clean oil leaks like this as it disolves the oil and evoporates very quickly. DONT CLEAN IT WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING THO AS ITS EXTREMELY FLAMABLE.

thanks Pete

i´m gonna have to wash it with pressure. there is oil everywhere on that area. the last owner abused it. i think he did a lot of miles without changing oil.
or filters. the wagon has power from 0 to 70 but after that she is a bit lazy.
if the turbo was blow it would smoke,fail or make noise , right?
do you know if there is any problem of putting 10w40 instead of 5w40?

best regards
Cesar

If the turbo has blown you would get so much it would look like a prop from stars in your eyes, it would also be servely low on power and you could risk a runaway on the engine

once more thanks Pete

as soon as possible i´m gonna change all filters, oil, wash it with pressure, desmantle every tube that goes to the turbo.

hi
i´ve already took all the plastic pipes apart, inlet mainfold. the EGR was full of oil and also some oil on the pipes. i´m going to remove the EGR completely and cover both mainfolds halls, but what do i do with the vacum tube?
it would probably be a good idea to clean the intercooler also but it´s a headache to remove is´nt it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom