• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C320 - 7g Auto Gearbox Slipping?

Razorhoof

Car
Mercedes C320 CDI Avantgarde V6
Hi

So I've mentioned the gearbox on here a couple of times..... Last issue I had was juddering going into 4th gear and some juddering when around 60 / 65 MPH (around 1800 RPM or so).

I had a gearbox service done and the juddering going into 4th gear has gone now thankfully.

What I have noticed is that if I am driving on the motorway (or an A road) - somewhere I am inclined to accelerate quickly - it feels like there is a problem. Basically, if I am in 2nd or 3rd gear and I floor it (not that I do this all the time of course but I noticed it once so I can't stop checking now) anyway, if I floor it the gearbox kicks down and the car shoots off as expected, but then the revs sort of limit themselves around 3000 or so, it feels like I am putting my foot down but the car is reluctant to go above a certain RPM and it judders quite a lot - almost like there is a rev limiter on...

I know that is really badly worded but I can't explain it any better. DOes it sound like the gearbox is doing something bad?

Is the ATF level good?

Have you had it plugged in?

Hi. Yeah, ATF was sorted and I had a full service on the engine too about 200 miles ago...

Get it plugged in to a Star.

Electro plate? Had to have it replaced on my CLK.

He needs the codes reading. It could be a number of things - not all gearbox related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom