• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C36 AMG brakes

PhilJ

Trying to get an aftermarket set of rear discs for a 94 C36 as Mercedes want strong money. The car has the AMG front calipers and the front pads and discs have been sourced.

The rears I keep getting sent the wrong ones. The car came with 278x24mm discs, I ordered these from GSF and first arrived a 290mm solid disc. Then a 300mm vented. Tried euro car parts and they send me the same 300mm disc even though it was listed as a 278mm. The pagid and brembo numbers for the rear discs seem to be these 300mm discs.

Does anyone know what other car the 278mm disc came on? Even if I wanted to pay Mercedes £150 for a pair of discs, I would need to order and pay for them before they can even tell me what size they are.

The other options is if anyone knows what the 300mm disc came from and I'll see if I can get a pair of new calipers from that car to fit. Would still work out cheaper than the Merc price for just discs.

Reading around, it could be the same rear disc as a W124 E400/420. Problem is, they weren't sold here!

Black diamond have a fitting listed, which shows the same code as the C43 and CLK55, yet elsewhere lists them as having the 300mm discs.

Last edited:
I'm sure the c36 brakes were pretty reasonable from mb

*If* this is the right part number - A1244230812

Inchape list them at about £40ea.

Yes, that's them Phil. The link at the bottom of that page takes you here:
Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

There's thousands more parts on their system than show up via the menus, just feed the p/n in to the search field.

Thanks, looks like a usefull contact. My local lot are useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom