• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43 AMG w202 estate

Good spot! That's a really good spec with the Tiptronic box, Xenons, Parktronic and original phone kit etc. Extra points for still having the star on the engine cover too!!

Shame about the doom and gloom spec interior, but I appreciate the 2-tone options aren't for everyone.

Nice MOT history too, lovely car 🥰👌🏼

Why is it missing the Avantgarde grille?
From factory MY2000 had the nicer more stylish grille

T314 AGM 186K CAT N

1678090479053.png

N192 PVL, clean looking low mileage C36, although with a few gremlins from the description. Looks like it was stored for a long time judging by the MOT history.

View attachment 136078

I keep missing updates on this thread, will have to check my settings as I normally get an alert.
Bit of a post revival, but this C36 looks to have spent most of its life on Guernsey (Lot 7 - 1996 Mercedes-Benz C 36 AMG), would explain the lack of MOT history. Looks nice, strange it has the early and rare, pre-96 AMG boot badge.

I keep missing updates on this thread, will have to check my settings as I normally get an alert.
Bit of a post revival, but this C36 looks to have spent most of its life on Guernsey (Lot 7 - 1996 Mercedes-Benz C 36 AMG), would explain the lack of MOT history. Looks nice, strange it has the early and rare, pre-96 AMG boot badge.
1678438216994.png plus 12.5% buyers fee + vat !

View attachment 137945 plus 12.5% buyers fee + vat !
That's strong money and I'm pleased as punch.
.Just spotted it doesn't have AC, cant remember ever seeing a non-A/C C36 before. Hope it managed to get off the island now and again during it's 50k miles for a decent run above 30/35mph!

It was sold on eBay the week before last, circa £12k.
Another post-bump; Elliott who bought the C43/55 off me, messaged to say it was sold. Last year I had a nice offer on my C36 and I was tempted to let it go and buy back the C45/55. Then my mind went down the route of buy a C43 estate and an scabby CLK55/E55 to do the conversion on that (having 3 Beagles makes an estate much more appealing). Decided I have enough going on with work and jobs at home to postpone that idea for a while.

That looks tidy will be watching..... 12.5% buyers premium plus vat = thiefs!

Thanks
New here, so hello to all.
I've been trying to find something really, really nice for a while now, and when this one came up I had high hopes.
Touchshift, parking sensors, xenons - yes!
I went to view the car earlier today and let's just say that I couldn't disagree more with the following statement from the seller:
"The vendor currently grades the C43 with regards to the engine, gearbox, interior, and electrics all as 'Excellent' with the paintwork and bodywork as ‘Very Good’."
Even though the car has 72k on the clock the bodywork is full of scratches, dings, and chips. It broke my heart but there was not a single panel that doesn't require attention. Misaligned, panels, bumpers, mould on seals. The car stood somewhere for a long while but it was not loved. The Interior was far from excellent as well. All of that, without even being able to turn the key on... :(
£12 - £14k +15% - hiiiiiiighly optimistic, but that's just my opinion.
On to the next one.

I've been trying to find something really, really nice for a while now, and when this one came up I had high hopes.
I went to view the car earlier today and let's just say that I couldn't disagree more with the following statement from the seller:
"The vendor currently grades the C43 with regards to the engine, gearbox, interior, and electrics all as 'Excellent' with the paintwork and bodywork as ‘Very Good’."
Even though the car has 72k on the clock the bodywork is full of scratches, dings, and chips. It broke my heart but there was not a single panel that doesn't require attention. Misaligned, panels, bumpers, mould on seals. The car stood somewhere for a long while but it was not loved. The Interior was far from excellent as well. All of that, without even being able to turn the key on... :(
On to the next one.
Damn 🫤. Good job you went to view it then by the sound of it! There's nothing worse than when the description doesn't fit the actual condition, such a waste of time!

Damn 🫤. Good job you went to view it then by the sound of it! There's nothing worse than when the description doesn't fit the actual condition, such a waste of time!
I just find it weird that auction houses are getting away with such descriptions. When questioned, all I heard was that the description is provided by the owner and I was referred to T&Cs, specifically the warranty section. It's all there, official and it all makes sense but you still can't help but to feel a bit misled.

I just find it weird that auction houses are getting away with such descriptions. When questioned, all I heard was that the description is provided by the owner and I was referred to T&Cs, specifically the warranty section. It all makes sense but you still can't help but to feel misled.
Yeah I can't fault you for feeling misled, double disappointing when you think you've found a great car with a rare spec like that one. It's not like there are a dozen other Tiptronic C43s around.

The thing I liked about my experience with Collecting Cars was that they themselves took the photos and checked the owner's description was accurate with the vehicle's condition.

On to the next one.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you were able to go and see it, find it was not as described before and walk away
The shallow pool of the W202 AMG's, let alone the extra rarity of the S202 will make finding the better ones difficult.

That looks tidy will be watching..... 12.5% buyers premium plus vat = thiefs!

Thanks

2000 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG Estate​

Sold for £12,938

(including buyers premium)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom