• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43 AMG w202 estate

what is the consensus on this one? It looks pretty cheap to me, the mileage is attractive and I expect that the gearbox could be viewed as a positive (although I don't think these things react quickly enough to really make any difference).
No Sunroof surprised me a little, I just assumed they all had it, mine has some slight corrosion around it now so you could argue that not having one is a bonus.
The wheels aren't a deal breaker but I'd much rather see it with its proper 17" monoblocs.
Definitely had paint (but then they all have by now really anyway. Badges are in the wrong place as usual for painted cars
It went for £5200 on a previous auction and has been "delisted due to time waster" but that feels like they forgot to put a reserve on it and didn't want to let it go for that money.

My reason for asking is that a friend of mine is casually looking for one (which is exactly how I ended up with mine). I got all excited and sent him the link to it, before I considered that mine was perhaps plummeting in value! Turns out I'd misread the advert and they want £7500 for it so I wasn't quite so sad and in any case, I'm not willing to part with mine so it matters not what happens to the values in reality.

Anyway, interested to hear from those far more knowledgeable than I. Here's the link to it. Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG | eBay

what is the consensus on this one? It looks pretty cheap to me, the mileage is attractive and I expect that the gearbox could be viewed as a positive (although I don't think these things react quickly enough to really make any difference).
No Sunroof surprised me a little, I just assumed they all had it, mine has some slight corrosion around it now so you could argue that not having one is a bonus.
The wheels aren't a deal breaker but I'd much rather see it with its proper 17" monoblocs.
Definitely had paint (but then they all have by now really anyway. Badges are in the wrong place as usual for painted cars
It went for £5200 on a previous auction and has been "delisted due to time waster" but that feels like they forgot to put a reserve on it and didn't want to let it go for that money.

My reason for asking is that a friend of mine is casually looking for one (which is exactly how I ended up with mine). I got all excited and sent him the link to it, before I considered that mine was perhaps plummeting in value! Turns out I'd misread the advert and they want £7500 for it so I wasn't quite so sad and in any case, I'm not willing to part with mine so it matters not what happens to the values in reality.

Anyway, interested to hear from those far more knowledgeable than I. Here's the link to it. Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG | eBay
Looks ok for the money to be fair. Quite a basic spec with no sunroof, xenons or parking sensors, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - all down to personal preference really. At 100k it's relatively low mileage in the grans scheme of things, and the later Tiptronic 'box is a plus too. Worth a punt I'd say, as long as it's as tidy and rot free as the ad claims.

I was wondering how you could tell the difference in the headlight glass from those pics to know that it doesn't have Xenons in it and then I realised... The halogen lamps have level adjusters by the switch.
Mine doesn't have PDC, I'd like to retro-fit it just to have a more complete options set but I doubt the parts will be readily available. Might have to start collecting them and add it to the "one day" list.

I was wondering how you could tell the difference in the headlight glass from those pics to know that it doesn't have Xenons in it and then I realised... The halogen lamps have level adjusters by the switch.
Mine doesn't have PDC, I'd like to retro-fit it just to have a more complete options set but I doubt the parts will be readily available. Might have to start collecting them and add it to the "one day" list.
It's even easier than that to spot no xenons, the lack of headlamp wipers 👍🏼

V306 MGX 120k auction start at £6750

Owned by me in the past

1725607333512.png

Couple of great colours.

Green one has pretty much all the options, cant understand why it would have an avantgarde shifter top, rather than a sport branded one, very strange.
Not sure I could live with the green interior, kind of reminds me of my old bosses' Yank Tank in the 80's, a 1970-something Chrysler Cordoba, that was green-extreme though, everything inside was green.

It looks like there is a blemish on the green steering wheel. I thought at first it may be a reflection but it is noticeable from two different camera angles.

The blue one looks in good order though I appreciate photos can be deceiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom