• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43

Glccoupe

Car
Mercedes glc coupe
Thoughts on C43's anybody ?! 2019 onwards? I'm looking for one at the moment and to be honest was in two minds about a 63 but in terms of costings for a 63 they're ridiculous at the moment so a 43 is the next best bet, have test drove one and they are fantastic, the v6 is so sexy. Anybody who owns them here, how have they treated you ?! Fuel costs etc ? Thanks for looking

Yep....I've been looking at the C43....the claimed difference in combined mpg between the V6 and the 4.0 V8 is only 2.6 mpg. Obviously purchase cost, insurance, servicing etc will be rather more though.

Another difference is the C63 is RWD and the C43 is 4WD. Wheel arches also flared on C63.

Thoughts on C43's anybody ?! 2019 onwards? I'm looking for one at the moment and to be honest was in two minds about a 63 but in terms of costings for a 63 they're ridiculous at the moment so a 43 is the next best bet, have test drove one and they are fantastic, the v6 is so sexy. Anybody who owns them here, how have they treated you ?! Fuel costs etc ? Thanks for looking
Purchase a 204 c63 over a 2019 c43 it will slaughter it if £ is a issue etc.

If you buy the 43 you will see a 63 and think to yourself.. "I wish i bought that now" 😂

Definitely buy the 63 (a proper AMG is a V8 ) but pre 2019 as the opf makes them sound shite 😀

Definitely buy the 63 (a proper AMG is a V8 ) but pre 2019 as the opf makes them sound shite 😀
Absolutely mate I've heard a pre 19 one and theyre ****ing god awful, mercedes messed up there lol, I'm definitely leaning towards a 63 but I know i'll be going through rear tyres very often due to my calm manner of driving lol

The C43 has sufficient power for me; certainly enough to greatly increase the risk of gaining penalty points on my licence.
But I never previously owned a car with more than 240 bhp, so if I was able to compare it to much more powerful cars then, it might feel gutless.

Cost of ownership wasn't the most important factor for me.
It all came down to one thing, i.e., it's my only car and I wanted the 4matic for winter months.
I was concerned that the C63 in winter conditions, would be too much for my own driving ability.

We all have a different view of what's important and hence we don't make the same choices.

I'm in the process of getting to grips with another AMG... still in doubt whether I should go for C or E43 vs C63 4.0?!

I don't mind owning 43AMG for a bit but i sense that it will become surplus to requirements soon/er :).

I wonder if those that owned 43AMG (3.0 V6) have any tips&hints as to what to look for when buying one (i.e. common issues, show stoppers etc.)?

thanks

It all came down to one thing, i.e., it's my only car and I wanted the 4matic for winter months.
I was concerned that the C63 in winter conditions, would be too much for my own driving ability.
Whilst many believe that four whee drive is the key to year round use, a C 63 on winter tyres would be safer, quicker and easier to handle in all wintery conditions, including snow, than a C 43 on ultra high performance tyres.

Of course a C 43 on winter tyres would be better still, but most don’t fit them…

Whilst many believe that four whee drive is the key to year round use, a C 63 on winter tyres would be safer, quicker and easier to handle in all wintery conditions, including snow, than a C 43 on ultra high performance tyres.

Of course a C 43 on winter tyres would be better still, but most don’t fit them

Very true but I have a low opinion of winter tyres; a strange comment but here's why.
My previous car was the RWD 5 series pictured:
Each year once the temperatures dropped sufficiently, I would switch to my winter wheels / tyres, also pictured:
This seems on the face of it the best solution, however, every year after swapping to the winter set-up, the temperatures always increased, usally for our usual wet, warm Xmas period. In warmer temperatures the winter tyres were terrible! It was such a ball ache to swap all 4 wheels, that I always persevered with the winter tyres until Spring. It always felt like more of a compromise than it should have been but on the plus side, it kept my summer wheels pristine.
After buying the C43 12 months ago, I quickly switched the P Zeros to Continental All Season Contact tyres (see other threads for my comments on these). My primary reason was to (successfully) get rid of the tyre skipping / crabbing issue affliction, that many of these cars suffer from. I have been very impressed with these tyres in all conditions; yes, they do not provide the ultimate grip and direct steering feel that the P Zeros gave but they are a '90% tyre' for all conditions.

Ultimately I would love to own a C63 as my weekend car and have an old banger as my daily; maybe one day.....

Attachments

• 2019-11-15 173132-1774362.JPG
    2019-11-15 173132-1774362.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG-9654.jpg
    IMG-9654.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom