• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C55 aircon condenser

LabourOLove

Car
W203 C55 AMG
Good evening all

I need to replace the air conditioning condenser on my W203 C55. It looks a fairly straightforward job having read a step by step guide written for non-AMG W203. Can anyone offer advice for replacing the condenser on a 55? Are there any differences in the procedure that I should be aware of?

Cheers
Ant

Hi

'Non AMG' 203's have a completely different front end , as you probably know the AMG front end is from a CLK , the front grille stays behind when the bonnet opens , it goes up with the bonnet on non AMG . There are two small 'radiators' in that area (transmission cooling) , not sure if they will be an issue.

I have not done the job myself but once the fan is out of the way I can't see it being much different from what you have already read .

Reason for replacing it ?

Hi

'Non AMG' 203's have a completely different front end , as you probably know the AMG front end is from a CLK , the front grille stays behind when the bonnet opens , it goes up with the bonnet on non AMG . There are two small 'radiators' in that area (transmission cooling) , not sure if they will be an issue.

I have not done the job myself but once the fan is out of the way I can't see it being much different from what you have already read .

Reason for replacing it ?
Hi Pete

Thanks for that. I am aware of the differences between the 55 and the regular W203.

I found a decent step by step guide on Pelican Parts so I guess I’ll follow that and see if any additional parts require removal along the way.

The condenser is doing its best impression of a colander with all the holes in it. I was tempted to go with Nissens for the replacement. Do you have any experience of this brand?

Cheers
Ant

Nissens are good

Condenser job is a pain due to the routing of the pipes apart the rad pack, meaning you have to separate everything to get it off. It's not hard just a pain.

Nissens are good

Condenser job is a pain due to the routing of the pipes apart the rad pack, meaning you have to separate everything to get it off. It's not hard just a pain.
Thanks for your input.

Do you take the rad out first followed by the condenser or do both come out as one?

Hi, i have the same issue with mine w203 320cdi. I had a nitro test which found a leak in the condenser. I have seen some on autodoc but not sure which one to get. Does anyone know where to find the oem number?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom