C63s battery type?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSH

Car
C63s coupe premium
hi all,
My 2017 c63s only gets used at the weekends & sometimes every other. The stop/start icon never goes green and I suspect it’s the battery that is not fully charged, I am fully aware there is other parameters but pretty sure the issue is the battery.
Can anyone confirm what battery type is on the car as I intend putting a trickle charger on it.
Thanks in advance.

Hi. There are lots of knowledgeable people on this forum who could probably answers your question, however, I am not one of them.
The car is still under warranty, I would think the best place to answer your question would be any MB dealer. Or you could look and see what type of battery you have.
Hope this helps.

You are spot on with the start stop set up not liking long periods of downtime. A trickle charger is your friend. MB use a rebranded CTEK charger. There was a fault with the auxiliary battery itself in W212 E classes (and ? others) that would render the start stop inoperative no matter how well charged up the system was. You would however get an error message to the effect of "auxiliary battery malfunction". As someone said above as you under warranty it would be worth getting the car checked at your friendly MB workshop.

Hi. There are lots of knowledgeable people on this forum who could probably answers your question, however, I am not one of them.
The car is still under warranty, I would think the best place to answer your question would be any MB dealer. Or you could look and see what type of battery you have.
Hope this helps.

I got to the battery in the rear but all I can tell you from what I see is that it is made by varta and it’s lead free and it’s power output. There are no indications on it to say it’s type

The Part Number for my Stop/Start battery is A 000 982 70 08, made by FIAMM.

Googling this part number shows this battery often described online as 'AGM'.

My car is 2013 W204 C180 CGI.

BTW, Stop/Start will stop working if either battery weak, main or auxiliary.

Er, I don't think there's an auxilliary battery on the 2017 C63s, certainly my 2017 C43 doesn't have one. Maybe the C350e may have one, but the rest of the 205s don't. To the OP, you'll need to get your battery charged properly, it may have a fault. My C43 mainly gets driven at the wknds and I don't have a start/stop problem.

Er, I don't think there's an auxilliary battery on the 2017 C63s, certainly my 2017 C43 doesn't have one. Maybe the C350e may have one, but the rest of the 205s don't. To the OP, you'll need to get your battery charged properly, it may have a fault. My C43 mainly gets driven at the wknds and I don't have a start/stop problem.

Yes I knew it didn’t have an aux battery, I am still after the answer for the original question so I know which type optimiser to use. Looks like I will have to call Merc service

I am not entirely sure how your car can have Stop/Start without an auxiliary battery, but either way if you post a picture of the battery that you want to charge, showing the part number, someone will confirm if it's an AGM battery.

I am not entirely sure how your car can have Stop/Start without an auxiliary battery, but either way if you post a picture of the battery that you want to charge, showing the part number, someone will confirm if it's an AGM battery.

Thanks, will do

I can now confirm after a long winded call to Mercedes, the c63 has a agm battery and it doesn’t have an aux battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom