• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

caliper bolts

blubber

i just had new brake pads fitted to my w211 270cdi and my mechanic said that the bolts with the star heads that hold the caliper onto the caliper seat are very worn so i went to dealer beleiving they were quite cheap but was told they are only available with a brand new caliper , does anyone know if this is the case or if not then a part number so i can order them without relying on dealer checking computer

thanks

The star bolts have been superseded by regular bolts , I have the part number and will find it for you Sunday

thank you that would be much appreciated, are they the same on the back and front

Remove one bolt take it to any good engineering shop and they should be able to duplicate it at reasonable cost? Size /thread pitch/ grade of steel etc.

Remove one bolt take it to any good engineering shop and they should be able to duplicate it at reasonable cost? Size /thread pitch/ grade of steel etc.

EDIT:- THINK THIS IS THE front REPLACEMENT BOLT = HEXAGON HEAD BOLT A124 421 05 71 its a M12x1.5x35 will be 8.8 strength or better

The rear sliding caliper has a different brake anchor kit with a hex bolt already A 000 420 52 15 doubt if you will need those.

just had a quick look, it is the rear anchor bolts i need as the star heads look really bad

Early bolts were star , later replaced with hex . I purchased new bolts for mine and Mercedes now only supply the hex bolts !

Why would carrier bolts wear? I suspect the O/p means the slider pins.

What I suspect also and why I asked for a piccy. ;)

Dieselman said:
Why would carrier bolts wear? I suspect the O/p means the slider pins.

They are very very hard to remove , not easy to get a impact driver on them and tend to round off . There is a good few threads on mbworld about how hard they are to remove , when I took mine off I assumed it would be a 10 min. Job , how wrong I was !

Last edited:
the bolts i am talking about are on the rear caliper inside dust cover i will try to get a pic thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom