• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Caliper colour change.

Cracking job, looks great. I want to do mine sometime in silver. rears are just rust lol.

To make it easier.

Decals: 2x 125mm and 2x 110mm AMG CURVED BLACK BRAKE CALIPER DECALS STICKERS HIGH TEMP | eBay

Red paint: VHT REAL RED BRAKE CALIPER, DRUM & ROTOR PAINT SP731 | eBay

Clear coat: VHT CLEAR GLOSS BRAKE CALIPER, DRUM & ROTOR PAINT SP730 | eBay

One can of red and one can of clear is more than enough for the front callipers. I may even have enough left to do the rears as well but I bought 2 of each just in case.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Ian

Great Job Ian,

In am in the process of doing my calipers but cant find a decent set of curved AMG decals.

The 'A' on the AMG is to skinny or slanted from most ebayers
Do you have the link as the current one has expired mate?

Thanks

I am interested in the longevity of these DIY jobs. The factory finish of my red calipers started to bubble and flake off after a track day, I used silver caliper paint on the hubs to spruce them up and that flaked off too, but in fairness I did not prep them correctly.

Ricky_S actually turned his silver factory AMG calipers gold on a track day too.

S

Great job bud, looks ace.

ForumRunner_20160203_211616.jpg

ForumRunner_20160203_211630.jpg

ForumRunner_20160203_211653.jpg

Did mine in June last year same paint as op and still looking great! Just have to take wheels off now and then to get brake dust off hubs with t cut then wax. Done the rear hubs too.

ForumRunner_20160203_212220.jpg

What she looks like now with wheels refurbished and colour change.

ForumRunner_20160203_212334.jpg

I am interested in the longevity of these DIY jobs. The factory finish of my red calipers started to bubble and flake off after a track day, I used silver caliper paint on the hubs to spruce them up and that flaked off too, but in fairness I did not prep them correctly.

Ricky_S actually turned his silver factory AMG calipers gold on a track day too.

S

I recall on that first initial AMG track day we held with the forum guys, a couple of the E55 guys turned their caliper's a light gold colour, using the brakes hard, but seems from what I hear the other guys caliper's, all returned back to original silver colour after a short period, all except one of my own, which is incidentally slowly losing that gold colour, not sure its the lack of use, stored in the box, and to weather it will totally come back to OEM silver, uhm ? but that aside, as you know S. my upgraded caliper's are now Lamborghini orange!:D They also have a thermal indicator fitted to the fronts so as I can monitor the heat the calipers are enduring, and the temps are currently well down, even from our French Track day and the more recent Piston heads track day usage. Not sure if it all went horrible wrong, what colour orange goes when over heated...Black I suppose!:p

Last edited:
Nice work Streethawk and great colour choice - biased as I am. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom