• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Caliper Paint

normanr

Hi All
Did a search but didn't come up with much,I want to paint my calipers the car is silver code 199 I am looking at Navy Blue or Ocean blue what do you think.

Hope this is in the right section I know it is not a mercedes but you guys know what you are talking about so hope you don't mind me asking on here
Thanks
Norman

I used a tin of hammerite from halfords. Very good result and still looks good 6 months on.

Hi All
Anybody else with any ideas regards what would look best with the silver.

Thanks
Norman

Kits available on eBay.

IMO the calipers should be black

Thanks Peter but I know where I can get the kits but in all fairness I was asking about what colour would look good with a silver car and wheels

Norman

Apologies, I'll read the thread and question next time! :D

Unless the calipers are an exotic make, I'd go for grey or black.

If they were a fancy racing spec and I wanted to make a feature of them then red or yellow.

In either case, I'd think I'd use Gun Kote (baked on).

Gunmetal Grey or Black and dont waste your money on caliper paint or kits hammerite is brilliant for this job and looks fantastic as several other members on here will testify :thumb:

Thanks guys
Black then, I have rust-cured them and at the moment it has made them black and looks OK.
I will take your advice and use hammerite.

Norman

Azaman, did you use their "Special Metal Primer" as a base?

Nope - I just gave the callipers a good clean and painted on a good layer of silver.

I used a calliper painting 'kit' on an old car and its not worth the extra you pay for it. The resin paint starts cracking and chipping after a year and you can't store the paint onces mixed. With the Hammerite you can always touch-up if needed.

Thanks guys
Black then, I have rust-cured them and at the moment it has made them black and looks OK.
I will take your advice and use hammerite.

Norman

Didn't think you needed to use rust cure if you use Hammerite? Might be wrong....

I just brushed mine with a stiff brush and painted with Hammerite silver. Also painted the rusty hubs silver and the whole lot looks good IMO! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom