• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Caliper refurbishment

calgonis

Car
C230 Sold / 69' VW Devon Delux camper / BMW M135i
With my current front passenger side caliper grabbing onto my brake disk I am thinking of trying a caliper refurb company.

Anyone got any experience good or bad with caliper refurbishment? :dk:

If you have used a company any recommendations?

Car is a 52 plate C32 AMG.

With my current front passenger side caliper grabbing onto my brake disk I am thinking of trying a caliper refurb company.

Anyone got any experience good or bad with caliper refurbishment? :dk:

If you have used a company any recommendations?

Car is a 52 plate C32 AMG.

In my experience, you cannot do a lot in refurbishing a calliper apart from the seals, connectors and unions. As I did with my rear callipers on my W203, from the EPC order new seals for both callipers and do it yourself.

Sorted mine out and was cheaper too... :thumb:

Yes - You can fit new seals and dust boots yourself.
Cleanliness and great care is essential, so as not to damage the new seals or get them contaminated.
You need to have a long hard look at the caliper bores to make sure that they are not damaged or corroded.
They often are - And this will be what has caused your problem in the first place.
I hardly consider it worthwhile.
The confidence gained by fitting replacement calipers is probably worth the extra expense.

I just do them myself. I don't understand replacing them at all.

I generally fit new seals, pistons (if needed) and boots and get rid of any corrosion on the caliper body with a couple of minutes use of a dremel.

Job done in 30 minutes per side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom