• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

carsoft v7.4 on a w202

maf155

Car
alfa 155
Hi folks,
so i took the plunge after ask about on here and purchased a 7.4 multiplexer kit. i also bought a rs232 to usb cable for my computer.
the vendor sent me the files ( jcasystems germany ) .
2 questions for now lol

where does the 3 phono cable go ? the 3 phono end is obvious but no idea where the metal end goes or even if i need to use that cable.

and the setup files wont open on my computer . meesage displayed , not compitable with windows and is there a 64 bit version.

i have asked them these qs and am waiting for an answer just thought i would come on here and ask too.

cheers, matthew.

You don't need that cable.

You need the serial cable which runs from the laptop to the multiplexer and then from the multiplexer you need the cable that runs to the ECU which has a multipin large round connector.

Im not too sure if the rs232 to USB will work in this instance as I have heard of people running in to issues using it for carsoft.

My install was done on an old laptop with a serial port for that reason and I had no issues whatsoever.

However I cannot remember if I used 32 or 64bit OS but I do know that it was Windows 7.

Last edited:
i asked the vendor if i needed a rs232 to usb and he said yes.. hhhmmm i will have to watch for issues if i get it running.

well as it is i am having lots of problems getting the software n my computer.... only been at it 4 hours now. lol.

the vendor has mention using installer program to install the software but dont laugh i am having trouble installing installer ffs.

well i must be missing a big piece of the jigsaw.
files are on my desktop and in winrar

part 2 of the instructions start ok but i still get the message not all files there.

this is the first time i thought i would dip my toes into the world of diagnostics
...... it will be the last too :fail

I have a copy of the software somewhere.....I away next week but if you wish I can pop a copy in the post to you with instructions if I can find them.

U need an old laptop with rs232 port 64 bit other ways will not work.
And u need carsoft original with a USB pen.
Cracking codes comes with virus as I found out on my first carsoft had to send back .

I have a copy of the software somewhere.....I away next week but if you wish I can pop a copy in the post to you with instructions if I can find them.

thats a very kind offer, i may take you up on that. the guys at jcasystems are hopefully going to sort it on monday for me.

U need an old laptop with rs232 port 64 bit other ways will not work.
And u need carsoft original with a USB pen.
Cracking codes comes with virus as I found out on my first carsoft had to send back .

thanks you for raising that point, i will ask them on monday about those concerns.

if all else fails i will get an old computer and persist until it works.

a big thanks for helping me sort this out :thumb:

well the guys at jcasystems couldnt get it working. apparently i need windows 7 and 32 bit. my laptop is quite new so no chance of it working on mine.

off to a local computer shop i go.

well lucky for me i hoard things lol and i have an old computer. it has windows vista on it, so will wipe it and reload with windows 7.

left it at the shop this morn and picking it up tomorrow, it did have a couple of other issues so let them deal with it. i havent turned grey yet despited being 48
and didnt want this to bring it on.

Hi, is there any chance i could take you up on this offer ?
i am getting the feeling that the vendor is putting me off.

Thanks, matthew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom