• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CEL P0171 and P0137

oldy13

Car
Mercedes C230K Sports Coupe
Hi

I have searched around a bit but could not find anyone with the same issue that i am having.

I drive a 2005 Merc C230K sports coupe with not quite 40,000 miles on the clock.

A few weeks back it put up a lot of codes, misfire, running rich/lean which were cleared and I didnt write down.

Once these were cleared the car was consistantly putting up the CEL and code P0171 running to lean. I replaced the camshaft magnets and fitted the pigtails after finding a very small amount of oil inside the connectors on the magnets. I cannot find oil anywhere else and checked the downstream o2 connector which was dry as a bone.

I cannot hear any hissing air when the car is running.

Today it has now also put up the code P0137 O2 sensor circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 2.

Does anyone have an idea of what is causing this? I think my next step is to change the vacuum pipe under the airbox, check the ECU connections, change the o2 sensor after the cat.

I wanted to check is sensor 2 after the cat?
And does anyone know the part number for the vacuum hose under the airbox?

Also does anyone have any other recommendations? Could this be the cat on its way out?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom