Changing coolant at 10 years - should I change the radiator?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well reading this thread I thought leave well alone,but by the time I had finished I thought well for the cost it is not much after all it is a Mercedes and lets face it we do not start to blink until the bill is around £500,so a relatively cheap repair/renew job and in better weather not to hard to complete ,so go for it,if nothing else we might get a thread about how the op spent a entire week end trying to remove a sheered bolt :rolleyes:

Well reading this thread I thought leave well alone,but by the time I had finished I thought well for the cost it is not much after all it is a Mercedes and lets face it we do not start to blink until the bill is around £500,so a relatively cheap repair/renew job and in better weather not to hard to complete ,so go for it,if nothing else we might get a thread about how the op spent a entire week end trying to remove a sheered bolt :rolleyes:
I would say change it as well - as soon as you've considered whether to or not, Sod's Law has been activated regardless!

Had the stuck bolt on the bumper already. There are two bolts on the front bumper either side of the grill position, and the nut is a fixed in-situ square jobby hidden under the bumper and retained in place by plastic. Well of course, the plastic is not up to the job and the nut was just turning so I had to carefully dremel the old bolt and nut out, and I've replaced it with a normal nut, bolt and washer. I just needed to get a flexi head 1/4" ratchet on the nut underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom