CLA (c118) Lighter/12v socket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

od91

Car
Merc
Hi everyone,

I am having a “moment” I cannot find my cigarette lighter charger socket anywhere in my car. I am 99% sure I have used it before but I cannot be 100% (lol)

it isn’t in the armrest or in the front console. In the armrest is just two USB C and in the front storage area where the cup holders are there is a wireless charging pad and another USB C for carplay etc.
I can’t find one in the boot, unless it is very well hidden. The car did come with a tyre pressure pump stored in its compartment under the boot floor so I am assuming it does have one somewhere!

I just had to drive to a petrol station to put air in (gave me something to do during isolation) as I had given up on looking.

If someone can put me out of my misery I would be very appreciative!

TIA
Olly

On my R231 it's in the passenger footwell, on the transmission tunnel.

It is in the front console, beneath the heater controls. There should be a compartment that you push down to open.

This is where it is on my b class and the CLA is very similar.

On my R231 it's in the passenger footwell, on the transmission tunnel.
I’ll have a look, thank you!

It is in the front console, beneath the heater controls. There should be a compartment that you push down to open.

This is where it is on my b class and the CLA is very similar.
All I have is 1 USB C and the wireless charging section... nothing else!

I’ll have a look, thank you!

All I have is 1 USB C and the wireless charging section... nothing else!

Ah yes, the cars that have the QI charger do not have the 12v port in the same location. I will see if I can dig out some info for you.

The usual locations are in the centre under the vents at the rear and the left handside of the boot.

Saying that, it is possible that you do not have any as I have read somewhere that they are optional.

The usual locations are in the centre under the vents at the rear and the left handside of the boot.

Saying that, it is possible that you do not have any as I have read somewhere that they are optional.

Thank you! I’m wondering if we don’t get them in the UK! I have all the option packs so it isn’t something I have missed off!
It just seems strange they gave me a pump which I can’t use in my car!

Thank you! I’m wondering if we don’t get them in the UK! I have all the option packs so it isn’t something I have missed off!
It just seems strange they gave me a pump which I can’t use in my car!

That does seem really odd that you have a pump. To double check your particular car, you can enter your vin into one of Vin Decoder sites and see if it lists anything. There are quite a few websites:

Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder

Look on the plastic panel under the dashboard above the passenger feet. Thats where it goes on a GLC facelift (which has USB-C socket not cigarette lighter as part of what-was-the ash-tray compartment

Richard

So I have checked in every single possible location that I could think of and I cannot find it anywhere! I am starting to think it is time to admit defeat!

Attachments

• IMG_8531.jpg
    IMG_8531.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8533.jpg
    IMG_8533.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8534.jpg
    IMG_8534.jpg
    868.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8535.jpg
    IMG_8535.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8536.jpg
    IMG_8536.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8537.jpg
    IMG_8537.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8539.jpg
    IMG_8539.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8540.jpg
    IMG_8540.jpg
    732.8 KB · Views: 9
That does seem really odd that you have a pump. To double check your particular car, you can enter your vin into one of Vin Decoder sites and see if it lists anything. There are quite a few websites:

Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder
Thank you, I have just been on there and there is no mention of the 12v charger! :( Is this something which would normally be listed? I would assume it just a most basic thing in a car!

Look on the plastic panel under the dashboard above the passenger feet. Thats where it goes on a GLC facelift (which has USB-C socket not cigarette lighter as part of what-was-the ash-tray compartment

Richard

Thank you! I have had a look and I can't see anything at all!

Attachments

• IMG_8541.jpg
    IMG_8541.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 6
Mystery solved...!!!!!!!

I knew I had used it in the past and didn't have any issues finding it last time! Most straight forward placing, I am an idiot!

Thanks everyone :)

Attachments

• lighter.PNG
    lighter.PNG
    986.1 KB · Views: 21
Mystery solved...!!!!!!!

I knew I had used it in the past and didn't have any issues finding it last time! Most straight forward placing, I am an idiot!

Thanks everyone :)

was it under the heating controls at the front?

Thanks - same place as the B class, at least you know you can use the tyre inflator if ever needed :)
Thank you! I think I have baby brain (lol)

That's exactly why I needed it... I had to go to the petrol station to fill it up as the car had "detected a break down" as it had gone down to 18psi

Thank you! I think I have baby brain (lol)

That's exactly why I needed it... I had to go to the petrol station to fill it up as the car had "detected a break down" as it had gone down to 18psi

It is easy to miss, glad it makes things easier for you...

Hi everyone,

I am having a “moment” I cannot find my cigarette lighter charger socket anywhere in my car. I am 99% sure I have used it before but I cannot be 100% (lol)

it isn’t in the armrest or in the front console. In the armrest is just two USB C and in the front storage area where the cup holders are there is a wireless charging pad and another USB C for carplay etc.
I can’t find one in the boot, unless it is very well hidden. The car did come with a tyre pressure pump stored in its compartment under the boot floor so I am assuming it does have one somewhere!

I just had to drive to a petrol station to put air in (gave me something to do during isolation) as I had given up on looking.

If someone can put me out of my misery I would be very appreciative!

TIA
Olly
I found mine, after a while. It's in the rear seat ashtray.

Its all a learning curve, i had an omega many years ago for three years and when i was selling it the man said "Oh its got heated seats". Well you could have knocked me over with a feather i didn't know. Ive had this c class amg line for a year and a half and still can work out how to talk to the sat nav properly, i think my wife has told it to make it difficult for me.
Well while i'm here. How to you put someone name on favourites it takes the address but i can't see how to put there name :wallbash: Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom