CLK 2008 Mirrors Not Folding ?

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by TILTNTURN, Jan 16, 2020.

1. TILTNTURN

TILTNTURN New Member

Car:
    MERCEDES CLK 220CDi AMG Num Num
    Hello all.
    Left hand mirror will occasionally fold in or out using the dash button but right hand wont and can be moved fairly easily .
    Tried looking on here for similar but nothing .

The RH mirror was out when I went through a car wash a while ago and the roller was pushing against it so no idea if that's what the problem is.
    To add insult I tried lubricating switch plate with contact cleaner and the inside of mirrors with ptfe.

Right mirror moved inwards to end stop now wont work at all ???

TILTNTURN, Today at 12:23 PM Report

2. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    The most common issue with folding mirrors is damaged wires within the wiring loom going into the mirror housing from the the A -pillar.

Remove the mirror glass and try wriggling individual wires, if you are lucky you will be able to spot the broken wire and fix it.

It's usually the result of constant use, the advice is to fold the mirrors only when necessary and not as a matter of course.

slade1 and TILTNTURN like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    TILTNTURN

TILTNTURN New Member

Car:
    MERCEDES CLK 220CDi AMG Num Num
    Thanks Mark . Weather permitting { Scotland} Ill do that later today after ive3 dragged myself to bed first . Thanks m. Frank.

4. slade1

slade1 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK Ponton
    Agree with markjay, only fold when required