• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CLK font passenger window strange problem , head scratcher

kertir1

Car
CLK240 (A209)
Hi All,

I have a 54 plate CLK240 convertible (A209) which has been SORN's for the past 4 months or so. I've decide to get her back on the road
over the summer ,m first issue was a flat battery , charged up & car started fine. I've had her out for some 5-10 min bursts on a private road to
keep her ticking over so far so good.

Did the same tonight, put down both front windows, stopped & tried to close passenger window, wouldnt move. Got home checked fuses
21 & 22 I beleive (30A) in driver side fuse box, both ok, reseat fuses & ignition on, window moves up, try it down again goes down but then wont
come up.

It appears that passenger window will move either up or down once or twice if I'm lucky yhen stops operating until I switch off ignition & then restart.
All 3 other windows are working fine so it doesnt appear to be the fuse (swopped the 30A ones around), motor working ?? , cant think of anything else
so if anyone has experienced this or can give me some pointers it would be most welcome,

Cheers............Kertir1

Don't suppose you tried resetting the windows ??

Hi

thanks for the reply, yes I tried resetting them yesterday, fully down & hold then fully up but same. I had to do this with all 4 windows after refitting the battery but its only the front passenger one giving issues. I'll try again today or possibly disconnect battery again & then retry,

Cheers......Kertir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom