CLK320CDI (C209-OM642) Injector upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickStone

Car
Mercedes clk 320 cdi sport
Good morning!
has anyone upgraded their injectors on a clk320 cdi? If so, do you have any links and advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Why would you need to? I believe these injectors can deliver around 70bhp worth of fuel per cylinder which I believe is more than the pistons can handle...

Why would you need to? I believe these injectors can deliver around 70bhp worth of fuel per cylinder which I believe is more than the pistons can handle...

I read an article sometime ago about a clk320 owner running the AMG injectors out of a C30 for a stage 2 tune. Unfortunately, I cannot find the article for love nor money :(

If the standard injectors can supply up to that, then I can't see a reason to change them then lol

The article was probably using a 613 320 straight 6 engine not a 642 v6.

What are you aiming for, the injectors are fine if you're just planning to remap?

the car is currently running a stage 1 tune with EGR blanked and swirlflaps locked at open.

I'm looking at a 3" full stainless straight through exhaust with quad tailpipes. Turbo upgraded with custom cartridge from Turbo Dynamics. and a stage 2 ECU tune on rolling road.

Was it on the dyno after the remap?

You will see good gains from a hybrid and exhaust, you'll probably be at the limit of fuel supply then. I wouldn't see it as the limiting factor until then, intercooler might be at it's limit though.

Was it on the dyno after the remap?

You will see good gains from a hybrid and exhaust, you'll probably be at the limit of fuel supply then. I wouldn't see it as the limiting factor until then, intercooler might be at it's limit though.

This was why I originally posted about the injectors.
I've spoken to a very helpful member of bosch motorsport in between, who assured me the installed injectors were suitable for what I had planned. Next step up was for none road use apparently lol

I enquired with turbo dynamics about the intercooler, and they were confident the stock cooler was sufficient but to check all pipes that the rubber hadn't started to break down and fit highflow filters.

Between turbo dynamics, my exhaust manufacturer, and the guy who provides maps and rolling road, should see about 340-360bhp. Not bad for an oil burner

What are TD planning to do with the turbo specs wise, have they told you what boost it will run?

Not mentioned the boost pressure but it will have a hybrid cartridge installed and intake polished

With hybrid turbo, 4bar map, downpipe without cat + dpf, stiffer valve springs , bigger cooler, transmission upgrade and Quqife.
Gives possibility to get over 400hp/1000nm.
OM642 is not so good engine, inline 6cyl is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom