CLS Shooting Brake Tank Capacity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
The car is a W218 (2013) CLS Shooting Brake. The datacard shows 'Option 915 Fuel Tank with Greater Capacity - Volume 2', which I assume to be the 80 litre tank. Today I brimmed it from half-full on the gauge, and only got just over 33 litres in. From past experience MB fuel gauges are usually pretty accurate at the half-way mark, so I'd expected to put in 40 litres. Can any other CLS owners tell me, do their fuel gauges read the same way?

I always fill my tank when it’s near empty. Looking at my fuel records I fill on average around 52 litres but my car will have the standard tank. There’s no record of any option 915 on my car records. Low fuel warning comes on with around 50 range left.

Looking at brochures 220‘s have 59 litre tanks as standard and 350’s 80 litres. I’ve not tried it from half-full but If I put 40 litres in mine when it is a quarter full which I try to do rather than let it drop lower it goes to three-quarters. And if filled from near-empty to full it generally equates to what I expect it to be.

Thinking about it all the Mercedes I’ve owned have been pretty accurate, unlike the 3 Toyota‘s that have accompanied them where the warning light seems to come on at just under half-full...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom