CLS Windows - AGAIN, pls help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilG

Car
'08 S211 320 CDI Sport
My passenger window regulator snapped. I bought a repair kit on eBay, got it all off, replaced the unit, it took a few hours but got it done.

Put it back on again today and I can't get the window to behave properly.

I've read some instructions about programming the windows and have tried all of that. Basically the problem is I cannot program it to seal the window. If I don't program it I can seal it up. The drop on open also does not work.

So I've got the door in bits, and need the car for work tomorrow. Yay.

Any help appreciated folks! :)

A video showing my plight:

[YOUTUBE HD]_Dn_G4CTUSg[/YOUTUBE HD]

The window has to be reset I think. This is done by pressing and holding the window button to close it (with the door closed), and then keep hold of the button for about 4 secs, then repeat the procedure for opening the window, and keep hold of the button for a few seconds.
I believe this sets the parameters for the window to function correctly.
Apologies if you have already tried that, as I couldn't load the video due to my very poor wifi connection, offshore!

Thanks but yes, have tried that many times. Beginning to think there's something wrong with the control module.

Have you refitted the black plastic trim on the door edge? Read somewhere if that's not fitted the door module doesn't operate correctly.

ca3f477422798d1013bec391331fc59f.jpg

This is all I haven't put back on - surely none of this trim will make any difference? Thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI P8max using Tapatalk

IIRC it's the trim around the lock that's important.

Well just put that back, moment of truth coming up.

Holy ****! It worked! Amazing bit of plastic trim could make the difference.

Love you guys

IIRC on my W210 the windows need resetting if battery disconnected and you got one attempt from reconnection. The BAS/ABS/ESP would also need resetting by turning steering from lock to lock. If not, then the battery would need disconnecting again so the car would know to 'learn'.

Not sure if this is the same for yours, but do check the implications of disconnecting the battery on your model.

EDIT:

Ignore above, obviously sorted whilst I was posting :)

Final comment for those doing this in the future/SEO:

If you are rebuilding your door after replacing a window regulator the window will not behave properly (drop when open, seal properly) without having the trim piece around the lock mechanism in place.

Good to see you got sorted. The forum strikes again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom