CLS63 Airmatic collapsed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Defconluke

Car
W219 CLS63
So last week my 2007 CLS 63 threw the auxilliiary belt when one of the pulleys threw in the towel.
I left the car parked up and ordered the new pulley and belt and fitted them today. In the process of doing so, I jacked the car up from the front jacking point just enough to assist with removing the undertray to clear the debris and to help with removing the fan and shroud to give myself more room to work.

I had to leave the car a couple of times and locked it just to keep everything inside safe.

One I was done, I lowered the car and removed the main battery located in the boot to give it a top up - it was reading 11V through the onboard computer so didn't think it would start the car.

I came back to the car 3-4 hours later and after reinstalling the battery it fired right up but I noticed that all 4 corners were on the ground and I now get the 'car too low' warning on the dashboard after about 10 seconds of it saying 'vehicle rising'.

Is this some setting that likely needs to be reset?
Has one of the air lines come off when I lowered it?
Have I killed the air pump or are the suspension units dead on all 4 corners?

If it's not an easy fix, I'll have to get it recovered to a garage and any recommendations for someone in Kent (I'm in Folkestone) would be greatly appreciated.

My guess is that a line came off. Maybe a consequence of the failed pulley and associated debris flying around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My guess is that a line came off. Maybe a consequence of the failed pulley and associated debris flying around.

Yes, looking at the location of the air pump that could be very possible.

Fingers crossed for a simple solution like that.

Do the control buttons light up/ pump sounds as if its running? YOU MAY HAVE BLOWN A FUSE/S?
Some older systems may have gradual leaks that are "recoveable" in a frequently used car- but leave it sitting for a couple of days-----????
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Turns out I was worrying about nothing.

All the fuses were still complete so I whipped the front bumper off (took me longer than I thought because of how well built these are compared to my previous Seat) and all the lines to each corner were all in great condition, the same can't be said of the rubber hoses on the unit but it was functioning perfectly well.

I think it must have just drained the system while I was working on it previously as once I started it up with the front jacked up the rears lifted themselves quick enough.

With everything back together and lowered back down, the fronts were a bit low but after a minute or two soon lifted themselves up. A quick drive round the block revealed no issues and the pressures held well for a couple of hours so hopefully all is well.

Certainly haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary while driving around and I suppose, much like pumping up a flat tire, it just takes time to get some decent pressure in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom