Comand Failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RacersEdge

Car
A4
Hi all, I’ve had twice now an issue with my comand audio failing. A week or so ago I noticed half way through my trip the radio wasn’t on (it had been). I pressed the mute button thinking that was the problem and got the notification “mic on”. Nothing I did would give me audio back including turning comand off and on again from the console. I stopped, parked up, locked the car and allowed full shut down, got back in and started up. Comand got as far as the standard warning about distractions and then crashed completely. Complete blank screen this time, and nothing would bring it back. I was in resigned “warranty” mode, and a few miles later happened to stop at a shop. When I got back in again everything was completely ok and has been since then until today when the radio audio failed again. I repeated the stop, shut down, and start again and it’s been ok. The car is a 2018 C300 coupe. Does this type of failure ring any bells with anyone?

Don't know if it's related but a friend had a similar issue with her 2018 CLA, fault initially like yours. Mercedes changed the Battery which was deemed defective then all hell broke loose with the electrics with seemingly everything going faulty! in the end Mercedes assist came out & spent circa 4 hours updating software etc. & has since been fine.

That’s worth knowing. Thank you. I was planning a trip to the dealer anyway and another forum recommended software updates. [emoji106]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom