Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Grainger

Car
SL55, Porsche 996 C2 convertible
For anybody installing comand into a can bus equipped car, you may find that it is not necessary to connect the speed signal to pin 6 on the C2 connector, or the reversing connection to pin 15 on the C2 connector. I spent hours figuring out and wiring in these connections - but both data bits are already transmitted over the can bus on my car. My 'new friend' (helpful technician)at my local dealer told me this - I went home and disconnected the wires to prove his point - he was right. If the can bus is subsequently disconnected, the sat nav location 'arrow' jumps around based on slow satellite location updates instead of the nice smooth speed data based updates.
This makes retrofit of comand really very easy - particularly if (like my CLK) you already have a double din slot. The biggest job is persuading your dealer to enable sat nav on the 'in dash' display unit for free. It is well worthwhile to do this - it takes the dealer approx 5 minutes - my local dealer BK Thomas did this for free. I was well impressed! (Mind you I have spent a fortune there on parts.....)

Originally posted by connectcctv
What model of comand have u got IE W203 or 463
W203 comand is totally the wrong shape, he prolly has the 463 (non canbus) model.

hi paul so where did you connect your can bus in the car and what colur were the wires?

thanks

hash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom