Command Maps and Navigation Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigDoug

Car
E320
I recently acquired a 2005 E320 W211, equipped with the Command system and am having some sat nav problems. A new DVD (2016 edition) was installed by the previous owner, in autumn 2016.
1. From time to time I get no map display, other than a message to say it can't read the DVD. Removing and immediately replacing the DVD doesn't help, but invariably, if it's kept out of the DVD drive unit overnight, it seems to mend itself and works properly ............ for a while !
2. Today, the display was fine and working properly, with the map scrolling accurately. However, I asked it to calculate a route to a previous destination. The display says it's calculating the route, but then nothing happens, but the map continues to scroll accurately.
Any advice would be most welcome.
Doug

comand.co.uk are your best source of help, have your VIN handy as that will let them look up exactly what you have fitted. They're a bit far away from you, but will possibly be able to recommend someone local to help.

Is it a genuine DVD ? If its a copy then the Nav drive is failing to read it. If it is real then try a cleaning disk in the Nav Drive.

Otherwise the laser needs repairing on your Nav Drive. Brand new Nav drive from Mercedes is £3k, so you don't want to do that.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom