confused

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Quote by Koolvin

"all preface W202's with the flip key are able to open and close the windows from the remote, this is a MB feature not a feature of the Alarm."

Not wanting to hijack someones thread I thought I would do this.
From what Koolvin said. I have tried to get this to work on mine without any luck, all that happens is the windows and roof shut, but no matter what I try I could not get the windows or roof to open. Is there something wrong or am I doing something wrong?Does this happen to anyone elses preface W202?

I know mine's a post facelift so may not be exactly the same as yours but on mine you have to be pointing the remote at either front door and the key has to be pressed permanently in order to close or open the windows/sunroof. Would this be the same for yours?

I know that some late model W124's have this feature by holding the key in the driver's/passenger's door lock rather than just flicking the key to open or close.

S.

All W124's have this feature if they came with chrome strips in the door handles. ;)

You can modify this feature to work off the remote with some aftermarket alarm systems.

Ive had my C250TD sport for well over a year and i never knew you could do that ,just tried it and ,as if by magic !!!!!

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
I know mine's a post facelift so may not be exactly the same as yours but on mine you have to be pointing the remote at either front door and the key has to be pressed permanently in order to close or open the windows/sunroof. Would this be the same for yours?

S.

Mine is the flip key and like you say the key needs pointing to the car or should I say RVM on mine, then press and hold until locked and wait for the windows to close then release.I have tried this method when unlocking and tried to open the windows at the same time. But the only thing that happens is the doors unlock and the green light on the handle flash's for as long as I hold down the remote button:confused:

Originally posted by pluggers
Mine is the flip key and like you say the key needs pointing to the car or should I say RVM on mine, then press and hold until locked and wait for the windows to close then release.I have tried this method when unlocking and tried to open the windows at the same time. But the only thing that happens is the doors unlock and the green light on the handle flash's for as long as I hold down the remote button:confused:

I dunno then :confused: Sorry... I would guess that if you can close all windows when locking but not open when unlocking then that's how it's been designed, best wait for more input on this thread from other owners of pre-facelift W202's, umm BBW, Grav888, Alps or K.?

Pepe, good innit :D heh don't wear the battery out now :p

S.

Try locking the car and keeping the lock button down on the remote for a couple of seconds....and then immediately unlock it with the remote keeping the button pressed and you might find it opens your windows.

(safety feature in case you trap something in the windows when you lock up.)

Try locking the car and keeping the lock button down on the remote for a couple of seconds so that it would try to close the windows (even if they are already)....and then immediately unlock it with the remote keeping the button pressed and you might find it opens your windows.

(safety feature in case you trap something in the windows when you lock up.) This works on my W124 so you never know....

Originally posted by pluggers
all that happens is the windows and roof shut, but no matter what I try I could not get the windows or roof to open. Is there something wrong or am I doing something wrong?Does this happen to anyone elses preface W202?

They had to save some extra functionality for us facelift owners.

I believe close is all you get.

Ive tried it on mine... no luck.

For the record my remotes a bit crap, ive changed the batteries yet I have to be within 2 metres of the car to see it.

Ive checked the key IR sensor and its crack free.

Originally posted by Sp!ke
Try locking the car and keeping the lock button down on the remote for a couple of seconds so that it would try to close the windows (even if they are already)....and then immediately unlock it with the remote keeping the button pressed and you might find it opens your windows.

(safety feature in case you trap something in the windows when you lock up.) This works on my W124 so you never know....

Top man sp!ke works a charm, Well kool have a bunch of nannas:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Well you have to laugh now and again dont you?I took it upon myself to dig out the owners manual (covered in dust and cobwebs) and what did I find on page 39 all the info about opening and closing of the windows and roof you can even do it with a key in the boot lock or door lock to get them to open and close:D. My lady reckons it's a man thing never needing an instruction book cus we know it all already:(

BBW, what's this about a cracked IR flip key? I have a pre-facelift (1997) C-class with a key in just such a condition. Seems to work though.

DD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom