• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Coolant Pump Control Circit / Open P2600

MarkThomasson

Car
w204 C200 CDI
Hi Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on my issue i scanned my car mercedes w204 CDI 62 Plate C Class 115,000 miles i have foxwell nt310 scanner on 28th Jan came up with Fault Code P2600 Coolant Pump Control Circut Open then on 29th the engine light came up and stayed on for 2 days , called aa out they scanned it came up with same fault , could be coolant sensor or wiring then yesterday engine light went off and pending code is no longer coming up , so the question is has it fixed itself which i doubt or a matter of time until the pending code is shown again?

Probably show itself again at some point, think the fault code would point to an auxiliary coolant pump (little electric add on pump) rather than temp sensor or main water pump

IIRC the coolant pump is vacuum switched / operated but the vacuum is controlled by a solenoid activated vacuum valve- it might be sticking?
W204 OM651 Thermostat

took to mechanic he advised could not find the fault wiring or pump, etc strange thing is fault is not pending and no engine light at moment , also advised me not to use cheap obd scanner 70 pound etc as can muck up ecu is this correct i have foxwell nt310

IIRC the coolant pump is vacuum switched / operated but the vacuum is controlled by a solenoid activated vacuum valve- it might be sticking?
W204 OM651 Thermostat
took to mechanic he advised could not find the fault wiring or pump, etc strange thing is fault is not pending and no engine light at moment , also advised me not to use cheap obd scanner 70 pound etc as can muck up ecu is this correct i have foxwell nt310

If its OBD compliant simply connecting it to the OBD port should do no harm. Perhaps what he means is if the unit's fault codes database wasn't accurate enough you might end up changing the wrong thing?

If its OBD compliant simply connecting it to the OBD port should do no harm. Perhaps what he means is if the unit's fault codes database wasn't accurate enough you might end up changing the wrong thing?

took to mechanic he advised could not find the fault wiring or pump, etc strange thing is fault is not pending and no engine light at moment

Old post I know. I got this on a W04 I just bought. Same thing. Engine light appeared. P2600 Coolant Pump Control Circut . Then it went away itself and not pending. Not had time to look into it properly yet because of work commitments.

took to mechanic he advised could not find the fault wiring or pump, etc strange thing is fault is not pending and no engine light at moment

P2600 on w204 I replaced the auxiliary coolant pump bt its still giving the same code what might be the cause help please..

P2600 on w204 I replaced the auxiliary coolant pump bt its still giving the same code what might be the cause help please..
Bit of a head scratcher that one. Its definitely a false error. Did your engine light come on, on the dashboard. Mine went away long ago and never came back. As long as your engine is breathing, oil and water is good , temp stays stable then I wouldnt worry about it. I reckon your Coolant aux pump woulda bn absolutely fine. Something ive learnt with mercs is error codes arent always what they seem. Keep deleting code, checking oil water temp etc. You have no limp
Mode or any running issues of concern do you?

The engine light keeps coming back after replacing the auxiliary coolant pump bt car is not in limp mode..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom