coolent sencor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gravel

:rolleyes: where is the coolent secor located on a 1998 320 ml, some say its on the resovior, some say its on the block?

coolnt

cheers for that but the main dealer says its on the resovior?

Level or temperature? That is the question

The info I put up is correct it is the same as the MB info, I have just checked

Temperature sensors are never in the reservoir because:
1) they can get emptied for some reason and so never generate a proper warning signal if there's no "too hot" coolant for the sensor to measure
2) the coolant temperature in them is quite different form the "real" inside of the engine that should/must be measured
3) reservoirs usually are the slowest flow point so lots of sludge gets stranded there leading to sensor fouling and misreadings
4) ...

Temperature sensors are never in the reservoir because:
1) they can get emptied for some reason and so never generate a proper warning signal if there's no "too hot" coolant for the sensor to measure
2) the coolant temperature in them is quite different form the "real" inside of the engine that should/must be measured
3) reservoirs usually are the slowest flow point so lots of sludge gets stranded there leading to sensor fouling and misreadings
4) ...
merc must have got it wrong, they must of thought i was asking for a coolent level senser , hence the senser comes with, the resovior.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom