Could do with some advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Malbo7

Car
E class
Hi all.

I am in the process of getting a Mercedes e class. However I'm undecidrd between 2 and could do with some advice.

The first e class is a premium plus 2017 plate, done 42,000 miles and full service histroy etc. The finance I've been offered is 2k deposit and £419 a month

The second e class is the same model (premium plus) but is a 2018 plate, but has done 59,400 miles. The finance is £2k deposit and £389 per month.
Very similar cars spec wise but obvious difference being the mileage

I would prefer an 18 plate and it's cheaper but the mileage is putting me off a bit

Really undecided. What would you chose?

Would appreciate the Input, thank you!

Hi all.

I am in the process of getting a Mercedes e class. However I'm undecidrd between 2 and could do with some advice.

The first e class is a premium plus 2017 plate, done 42,000 miles and full service histroy etc. The finance I've been offered is 2k deposit and £419 a month

The second e class is the same model (premium plus) but is a 2018 plate, but has done 59,400 miles. The finance is £2k deposit and £389 per month.
Very similar cars spec wise but obvious difference being the mileage

I would prefer an 18 plate and it's cheaper but the mileage is putting me off a bit

Really undecided. What would you chose?

Would appreciate the Input, thank you!
What’s the difference between asking price (rather than finance cost), and which of the two cars do you like best? I’d go for the one you like best, especially if you think you’ll keep it long term. The longer you have it then the less the difference in mileage will matter as the relative gap will close over time, and in practice it will make barely any difference to maintenance and repair costs

Personally, as long as I can comfortably afford to buy it then I always go for the car I like best rather than worry about whether the spec will be popular or unpopular in future, or worry what it might be worth when I come to sell, If I really like the car and it ends up losing a lot more value - or sell more slowly - than I hoped then I can just keep the car for longer as by definition I like it.

What’s the difference between asking price (rather than finance cost), and which of the two cars do you like best? I’d go for the one you like best, especially if you think you’ll keep it long term. The longer you have it then the less the difference in mileage will matter as the relative gap will close over time, and in practice it will make barely any difference to maintenance and repair costs

Personally, as long as I can comfortably afford to buy it then I always go for the car I like best rather than worry about whether the spec will be popular or unpopular in future, or worry what it might be worth when I come to sell, If I really like the car and it ends up losing a lot more value - or sell more slowly - than I hoped then I can just keep the car for longer as by definition I like it.

Hi there, the 2018 plate is £29,895 and the 2017 plate is £28,000.

I'm getting the car on a pcp deal so I will be trading in after a couple of years I'm not looking to make the balloon payment.

Buy the one you like then. Not alot of difference in price per month; a “takeaway” !!!
pressume that both are MB approved used and both have full MB service history. Both should have had a B service with ATF replaced recently so servicing costs would be the same.

welcome here too…

The vehicles engine codes are important as they all have their shortcomings.

Buy the one you like then. Not alot of difference in price per month; a “takeaway” !!!
pressume that both are MB approved used and both have full MB service history. Both should have had a B service with ATF replaced recently so servicing costs would be the same.

welcome here too…

Both cars have full service history so I think it's down to personal choice to be honest. Thanks!

The vehicles engine codes are important as they all have their shortcomings.
Are they both the same engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom